200T?

Got a 16" bar but the dudes in the UK and Down under only push 14" bars. Me I will use it for a removal but usually just call for the 260 with a 16" bar when that time comes and mine blasts wood no matter how hard. Do know that most dudes stateside run 16's.

The mini Picco .043 chain is not a good match for the MS200T, it kinks up real fast....can't take the power. Good match is with the little MS192T.
BTW I only use 14" on the 200/338 top handles, perfect length, very efficient working in aerial close quarters,
years ago we used to run 14" on our 50cc -60cc pulpwood saws.

Hmm that is what I was telling the dude at the shop, it did not make sense seemed a little strange to me as that is what is on my 192. Thanks that I only used it twice. I will be heading to the States at the end of the month so I am going to buy a couple 14" bars with the .050 chain. Will use the little used 16" bar and .050" chain till then.

Ok so put that 16" bar with the .050" chain and it really feels like it belongs. Sad day when your saw shop cannot respect your knowledge, I told them I just did not feel that the .043" chain combo was the choice for this say. I heard a wishy washy story about narrow chain cutting faster and all that, but was not convinced. I still like my 14" bar .050" combo and will continue using that setup but on removals I guess this 16"er will allow for me to keep cutting before I need to call for a bigger saw. Thanks Holmen Tree. I am always open for suggestions and I take advice when needed.

Yeah the .043 is just an RCH faster than .050 semi .You want some more speed hang a chisel on it .I think they call it rapid pico .As I said it's about a dollar more on a 14" loop .

I'm glad I could help you swingdude. The little narrow .043 will cut faster then the .050 Picco to a point, in wood under 6 inches in diameter
anything bigger than that the cutters start overfeeding, plugging up and cutting effiency is then lost.

I run .325 95VPX narrow kerf chain on my top handles [option for rear handle models MS200 / 338XP]

I forgot to mention when I picked up those 200T bearings the owner of the company waited on me .He was amazed a 200 uses roller bearings .Now that might sound surprising except for one little fact .When they come in for repairs it's most generally a cooked top end .Nobody is going to dump over half the price to repair them as they cost new .Hench the dealers never get into the lower ends or damned seldom .

Back