200T?

Do you find that the carbide chain has slower cutting speed, like with the brazed on carbide tipped cutters?

On that chisel wee 3/8" like I said I have one .I'm going to truck on off to the dealer and get another plus a loop of semi .C4 Fun and I have been wanting to do timed cuts with a stock 200T just to get some data between the two .Hopefully about June 2 at a GTG we'll get-er-done .The second chisel I'll "trick out " a tad and see if I can coax some more out of it .

Yeah I know takes a loony to file a race chain for a trim saw.What can I say .:|:

Al there will be others running the square sharpened PS3 3/8LP (with safety links even ground down) and square sharpened 325 this year on the 40cc under saw classes (I have talked with them first hand on the phone). I think they are getting serious about the 0-40cc now days. :lol:

Hopefully enough will show up to divide it like it was at my gtg's. Top handles and rear handles.

Al there will be others running the square sharpened PS3 3/8LP (with safety links even ground down) and square sharpened 325 this year on the 40cc under saw classes (I have talked with them first hand on the phone). I think they are getting serious about the 0-40cc now days. :lol:

Hopefully enough will show up to divide it like it was at my gtg's. Top handles and rear handles.
If I could make it, I'd love to join you guys.
I'd like to find a 6 tooth .325 rim, but I don't think such a animal was ever made. I'm sure some of those aftermarket pin style rim companies could make them. The .325 7 T rim on the 338XPT is 1/16" larger in diameter then the 3/8 LoPro 6 T drive sprocket drum. I may get another better time again in the 10"X10" with the .325 chain on a 6T rim

One thing I found about making timed cuts through that 10"X10" with the little top handle saws is consistency with close times in the cuts. The little buggers are hard enough to hold onto let alone guide them through the log crosscutting.

I just got back from a run to the dealers to buy two 50 driver loops of Stihl pico .Because of an upcomming GTG we plan if time allows to do some timed cuts with both standard semi chisel and with the new type full chisel .I wanted a new loop of each for the tests .

Stihl must have had a price change because it really wasn't much more than Oregon .17.50 for the semi chisel and 1.20 more for the full chisel .The same in Oregon would have been 14 dollars ,Husqvarna 15 .

So at least in my mind if it's as robust as most Stihl chains the extra few dollars are certainly worth it considering how long they last .

The gents from the far coast have often remarked how Stihl was competively priced in those areas .Perhaps they've changed things every where .

I bought a 200T Saturday at my John Deere dealer. John Deere started handling Sthil a few years back. I have been looking for one left on the shelf. I usually do my JD buisness over the phone, as they are about 50 miles away. I went with a friend for the ride to the Case IH dealer. They didn't have what I needed, so we stopped at JD. $575 for a 14", and no tax, as I have a farm account.

I hope the power picks up as it breaks in. Only run one tank. It has been raining pretty steady here since I bought it Saturday. I figure I can always sell it.

It listed for $610. I told the salesman I didn't want the crappy non -kickback chain they had on it. They didn't have anything else to put on it, so he knocked the price down to make the sale. Not to many tree guys go in the JD dealer, apparently.

The ones that have run the best for me are the ones I've broken in the hardest. By the second tank of gas (sometimes the first) I would get into a decent size removal and keep using it right on up to 12"-14" wood. I could almost feel the power kicking in as the rings seated. Others where I've done nothing but trims the first few tanks don't seem to run as strong.

I went in the local jd dealership, they thought a 441 was a monster of a saw. I must really be after some big trees with that thing is what the poor fellow at the parts counter kept saying.

Kept my mouth shut, smiled and nodded!!!

Hi everyone!

Bit of a time warp to Tassie land, and PM'ing Willard to make sure we are ok with the arrangement, I am chuffed to bits, and humbled by his generosity, not to mention the whole Tree House support system. And yes, chains are $30+ each here and I didn't dare inquire about a bar, the one on my 020 is a little bit bent...
What else can I say, I was really starting to wonder how I was going to get ahold of a back up for my 'finder' 020 that I've had for six years or so...did I ever tell you that story?

THANK YOU Willard!

Well it appears from my mail tracking check the MS200 I mailed to Fiona has finally arrived in Tasmania yesterday May 30th at 05:47. Now to clear customs.
I mailed it on March 26, left CanadaApr.13.:O

I will report any furher developments. Didn't Fiona say she was on her way back to Bermuda?

That's what I call s--e--r--v--i--c--e....(drag that out into a 10-second word). Man, that's s-l-o-w!!! Is that normal up there, or is it because of what it was/where it was going?

I'll let you know when it lands! Hasn't been stuffed inot the mailbox yet...
Took from the 17th to the 30th to get from Sydney to Tasmania, shucks I could have picked it up on the way!

I went to my local dealer in BDA today, only 201's on the shelf, at a modest $1600, bought a gallon of oil for $21 and two small bottles of HP ultra for $9 each...guess what kind of shop I'll be stopping in on the way BACK to Tassie as I pass through the US...

That's what I call s--e--r--v--i--c--e....(drag that out into a 10-second word). Man, that's s-l-o-w!!! Is that normal up there, or is it because of what it was/where it was going?
When I mailed the saw I had 2 options $90 for the slow boat ride or over $200 for the quick airplane ride. The slow boat ride means the saw is first shipped by truck from central Canada to the west coast at Vancouver BC. It sits there until a container ship going in the right direction is ready to load, then weeks to get to Australia with stops on the way, then a couple more to make Tasmania.

Now if it doesn't pass customs and gets put into quarantine for some reason of infected wood fiber or something, then it's shipped right back to me for another 8 week trip and I have to pay another $90 to get my saw back.
Wouldn't that suck?:lol:

Oh it's goofy .I can get mail from here to the west coast in three days ,to Australia in 4 or 5 .Yet stuff coming out of Burnby BC takes two weeks to get here .

We had to break out 2 of the new 200ts this week. Man, did the guys smile. One of our guys that has worked with us a long time and still has a good running 200t suggested to John to give one of the new saws to the new climber. How sweet is that?

Back