200T at auction

3 things to make it run. Compression, fuel and spark. If compression is good then that leaves fuel and spark. Ignitions pretty much never fail on them so a new plug will usually fix any spark issues. Fuel issues are either a new carb or a vacuum leak (intake boot or in worst case crank seal).

I would look for signs of it being run extra hot. Look for excess discoloration and melting of the plastic around the sprocket (heat from running with a dull chain). If it's not brown then good chance it's in good shape. If you buy it and it doesn't run then your most expensive fix would be a new carb.

600$ tops. It’s probably over that already, they really do go for crazy high prices. I need an AV mount for mine. They’re great saws but seems dumb to pay more than they went for new.
I hear the MS201TC is excellent too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not too many arb-aware folks here. Fingers crossed. They are just starting this room with ten tables before the one it is on.

Yeah, screw that, for all you know it needs major work. That’s close to a brand new 201TC with a warranty.

I do love my 200T but I wouldn’t hesitate to let it go if I was offered enough for a new 201TCM. I’m floored seeing these ugly old ones going for over 1,000 on eBay.

My little bud Tom was getting them from a dealer for around $200 but that was few years ago .He's got a couple 201T's but he doesn't like them .I have no idea how many he has by now .Like I've said before I have two, one from Adam Clack and another I got for almost nothing from a dealer .It's all about being in the right place at the right time .As far as flea bay don't get hornswaggled because some times the saw might show a big price but never really sell .It's just used to keep the prices high .Old game .

Now, old story about flea bay nonsense .I don't know how many might remember it but it was on here maybe 10-12 years ago .This guy from I think South Carolina bought a brand spanking new 088 .Then 6 months later put it on flea bay but pulled the sale about an hour before it over .He just wanted to see what it would bring .
Then genus he was hogged a big hole in the muffler and cooked the piston ,turned it into junk .Then he did sell it for parts .I told him but he knew more than me .Things happen

Back