What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
Plowed snow for township in 78-9 until we got the plow truck stuck in road with chains on the tandems, diff lock and 12 tons of gravel. We had just been through that spot about half an hour before. That was just before we put it upside down in a creek. too much speed, about 10 mph. Had no idea we were off the road!!

And no. I have told the wife Texas was definitely out as far as places to live. No way Jose. Never felt comfortable there nor liked it very much.
Don't much care about my home state anymore either.

And no. I have told the wife Texas was definitely out as far as places to live. No way Jose. Never felt comfortable there nor liked it very much.
Don't much care about my home state anymore either.
The Hill Country was the coolest place I saw in Texas. I don't know what you would do there for work. A bud and I went to Houston in 77. He was desperate for a job. Me not so much. We were there in March and April. I knew a summer there was not something I wanted to do.

Oh I'm well aware we aren't perfect, there's problems everywhere you go. But Texas is a whole nother level, and most of it is self inflicted. If you wanted to build the wall on the northern border of Texas i would be all for it, and honestly i doubt i would even enjoy a vacation there. I'm not gonna get political in the weather thread, but that place is about as close to 3rd world as it comes in the us. Cat (a source of many of our problems here) already moved their headquarters down there, and would love nothing more to move everything there if they could, it's as close to Mexico as you can get and I'm not talking about distance. Then it can be steers, queers, and dozers. Rant over lol

I guess Yosemite (they say) might get over 5 feet of the white (in the valley, not the peaks :dontknow: ) ...... They closed it.
My elevation gets a tad less....
Places further south, even LA county, got snow. Desert got snow. Coast got snow. Good times. Screenshot from 2023-02-27 08-01-58.png

Snowing again. Most of the week past, forecast for most of the week upcoming. Not all that much, and the temps are usually creeping up enough in the daytimes to keep it from building up too much. Have about 5 inches now. Wet sloppy stuff.

I'm at the same elevation as Stephen, last time it really snowed was in 1984.

A little bit now and again since but nothing in the last seven years since I've been here. snow - https://www.weatherarmidale.com/snow.html

Last day of summer today, sunny and 84. Just had a storm. Leaves started to change colour last week.

I hate to be "that guy," but I'm kind of jealous of everyone's snowfall. It makes me nostalgic for my life back in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Where I'm at now, Scottsdale, Arizona, we are a snow-free zone. I can count on one finger the amount of times I've seen even flurries since I moved here three years ago. One of my fondest memories was of climbing a very tall deciduous tree during a snowstorm by a river in MA. It was amazing. I wish my area of Arizona had more deciduous tree life. It's mostly a bunch of tooth-pick-limbed conifers. Lame. Even the fauna is kind of lackluster. You can't even climb a palm tree without risking upsetting a scorpion's or pigeon's nest. As my girlfriend always says, "everything in the desert wants to kill you."

No water? You'd have to be pried out of the mud here if you laid in a ditch :^D

Same old same old. 50 something, coming off of light rain yesterday, and a chance of light rain tomorrow. 65° tomorrow, so that sucks. Not quite hot, but kinda lame for early March.

The pipe even had water running out of it, as is tradition. Lol yes it was muddy, but it had a bunch of sand so it wasn't too bad. I've been in the mud a bunch this winter.

Back