What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 478K
Spring is already on its way here. It's slightly frozen in the morning, but tne plum trees are blooming, both in the wild or in the urbanish areas. I saw some brushes with a neat greenish shade in the distance along the road, no idea of the specie though.

Lost power for a couple hours this morning.

Got the propane heaters set up in both houses & needed a break...wasn't that long of an outage so never got out the new generators...

Freezing rain still falling so we'll see...

High winds yesterday followed by some freezing rain this morning turning into rain this afternoon. I’ve got a few hour window tomorrow before another high wind advisory. Also supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow and 30 again on Friday.

I’m watching the white pines in the neighborhood bow over won’t be long before they break apart. The ice is suppose to let up about midnight.

It's been a completely snowless winter here. I'm not sure that's ever happened in my lifetime. I saw flakes fall over a month ago, but it lasted less than an hour.

hot dry day yesterday 40c, 38c today, but more wind, and tomorrow even higher winds with another 40c.

Just got home about an hour ago. White out conditions now with wind. Might go blizzard tonight. Went from sunny and showers to this. Ran Levi to his college class in case. He needs more driving experience before getting caught in shat like this.
I had him follow me last night from town. Asked him. "How did you like that visibility last night?" Kinda like star wars eh? But cant see shat. He admitted to, yeah, that sucked. 20230223_171316.jpg

I feel bad saying this but aside from some winds this afternoon we had a beautiful day. 70 degrees and sunny. Suns out, guns out.

Looks kinda sucky Stephen, for true.

I had to drive into Gresham for a Dr.'s appointment this morning. Not bad road conditions out here where I live, but there it was 6-8 inches of slushy snow over the last two days, packed down to 3 inches of glare ice frozen solid by lows in the upper teens last night. I had to drive the 2wd Tundra, as M has the Subaru down to the coast to help a friend recovering from surgery.

Made it OK; slow, careful and cautious carries the day. Very gentle throttle and braking required. But all the Drs. and 90 percent of the staff failed to make it in. They called my house long after I'd left to cancel. New appointment for next week. Oh, joy.

You should see the mess on the highways. No chains. Trucks over the edges. Yosemite should be closed by now but they went R3. There is well over a foot of snow in my driveway. About 2" hr or more. Cant plow it fast enough

That's "stay home" weather.

Been pretty cold here for the last couple of days. High teens/low 20s. The cold is much more invasive to body and house than you'd think, just because the wind has been 12 to 20 mph the whole time. I've been pouring the firewood through the woodstove.

On the plus side, the wind has been helpful in drying out the roads, so not much ice around my place.

Back