What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
We didn't get it that bad but that was a pretty good one that whipped thru. Just now seems to be dying down a bit here.

Nasty winds today. I was out cleaning up a down spruce when the storm hit. I’ve now got two more days of clean up. Oh and the power is out again at the house. I just put the generator away last night🤬

Went from sunny/breezy to the contents of the Atlantic ocean dumping on my house. Seemed to happen in minutes :^S

Sounded like pieces of them were hitting the roof. Probably just big water drops of icebergs cause it was so damned hot today, and they melted. It was 70 something.

Currently winding it's ass off. I'm a little concerned about the locusts. I've been looking at them, and I think this may the year of the great shortening. Assuming they don't blow apart beforehand, I think I'll top them this fall. Maybe remove one completely. One I can't really do. It makes a big looping arc over the powerlines, and road. That's outside my skillset, and tolerance for liability.

Lot of wind lately, nothing too hard, but got a thunderstorm wednesday. A thunderstorm in marsh !
Shake shake shake in the tree. Luckily i just finished to trim the willow when the big shower came in, so I stayed mostly dry.
Today was coldish by the wind, but a bright sunny day otherwise. Some freeze is expected the next two days. I hope that the trees in full blosom won't take it too hard.

Yea... I might have a week or two, but the mower's coming out soon. I should pull it out tomorrow and make sure it works. That way I can revert to my reel mower if there's a problem. I should also probably think of doing something stupid in the yard. I'd like to leave some very long, and mow patterns into it, but it would have to be comprehensible to pedestrians, and not just airplanes. Give everyone something to wtf over.

What they forgot to mention in the article, is a slower melt adds to aquifers. Above ground water that feeds our tributaries to the ocean is important to the cities. Since it is captured for storage in reservoirs. Us rural areas rely on wells fed from aquifers. Those are fed hydraulically from upper elevations from waters soaked into the ground. This years snow, I get to drink in a few years. Our farms and ranches rely a lot on wells too.

Back