What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 477K
About 52° and sunny today. Pretty nice out. It's 56° in the house, and I was debating on a fire, but I think I'm gonna hold off awhile. Maybe later this weekend.

Just at the freezing point in some fields this morning, but all cloudy and foggy in the valleys, with the trees dripping wet. Luckily, that turned out in a beautiful afternoon.

About 54° and sunny today. Just lit a fire. Minor mishap. I moved the flap that sends the smoke through the afterburner when I cleaned the chimney, and didn't put it back. Lit the fire, and smoke started coming in the house. I closed the door quick, but smoke was still coming out of the vents. I'm thinking "Uh, oh. Something's really wrong", then I remembered what I did. All is good now. Gonna burn some small uglies tonight. It was 55° in the house this morning, and went up to 56°. If I don't top off the heat, it would probably be 54° tomorrow. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

73° and sunny today. I was pissed off all day. I wasn't in a great mood anyway, and sweating in November is unacceptable. Next week is looking better, but that doesn't help this week.

Looks like the temps are falling. About 46° now, and it's getting pretty windy. I don't mind the wind so much, but it blows the leaves off the trees fast. I'd like it to be a more leisurely and long process. Seems like it always happens. Spring too. The cherries are looking fantastic, then they get blasted by wind and loose all the flowers. Good thing we don't get these winds in the summer. I sure would hate for them to ruin all that delicious heat we get...

A couple inches of heavy wet snow last night. Plenty of power outages around, but not here.

Lost a few branches, but came out way better than I expected...never saw my hedge, or my sister's big silver maple bend so far before. I'm amazed we didn't get more damage.

Now waiting for the snow to melt and the rest of the leaves to fall.

Just got in from hanging laundry. Gotta get out earlyish tomorrow, and didn't want to fool with it beforehand. It's really pretty outside. Clear skies, 38°, and a light breeze. If it wasn't 9pm, I'd fire up a Swedish candle, and hang out for awhile. Maybe tomorrow night.

edit:
Spot came trotting down meowing. She even let me pet her which is pretty rare if I'm not offering food. She's been wanting to come in the house, but I don't think I want three cats in here, and the two I have already have their routine. She's also useful keeping the mice in check. I still feel a little bad leaving her out there. I think I'll setup a cooler hut for her up on the hill. That'll get her out of the wind for winter, and be a little warmer than whatever it is she does now.

Last edited:
Back