What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
My first real job was working at a bakery frying doughnuts. The fryer station was right next to the oven, and it was ZOMG HOT! in the summer. I could concentrate, and make myself feel cool while frying doughnuts. That was low key brainless work though. I can't do that with physical labor, or when I have to think.

It's huge, I've mentioned it a bunch before, tons online about Wim Hoff.

Some of his stories about helping people with rheumatoid arthritis brought tears to me eyes

jqhv8lg.png

This weather's a bunch of crap. It was mostly cloudy this week, but hot every day. It would have been glorious if it were 60° out. Gonna hit 77° again next Wednesday, or so they say anyway. Still time to revise it downward. My weeping cherry out front looks sad. Looks like it dropped all it's leaves in resignation. Looks sorta fallish outside, but doesn't feel like it :^S

I filled the hottub last week because my sister in law was coming up from Schweiz.
So now of course we have a spell of indian summer.

Well we got more than a shower or two on Thursday. Started about 10pm, bit of thunder then rain then hail. Then a bit of a tornado.

Just a few minutes walk north copped it. No damage for me but power went out till 2.30 this afternoon, power pole got knocked down.

20211015_135709.jpg

Chopper was just ove my place at start.

. 20211015_135758.jpg

Local FB yoboo.

20211015_141727.jpg

Warm and humid today. Forecast is looking decent though. Only two days this week that are gonna be 1° past hot, and Monday's looking like a fine day to shorten the grass for the last time this year. That's the best day of the year. Deciding what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Good day for outside work. I'll either drive to work, and cut up the logs I hauled out of the woods, or do stuff around here. I'm leaning towards work cause I need to make more room to haul out more logs.

I9XpBPr.png

Same here. Had our second little bit of rain for fall last night. Then the temps dropped. Sheets of ice on the tarp covering gear this am. Frost everywhere. Mornings like that, i dont hurry off to work. Warm up truck. Drink more coffee. Drive to a lower elevation and arrive about 9:30 after a hot breakfast. :D

~60° and getting a bit of rain. Starting to feel like fall :^) I need to start thinking about cleaning my chimney. I'll try to get to it this week.

Back