Tree felling vids

Yes, I'v lost count of the number of times I nodded off during the climbing and rigging dvds. Works on my 3 month old son too, tried everything to get him down the other day, and the only thing that worked was ten minutes of 88!

Yes, I'v lost count of the number of times I nodded off during the climbing and rigging dvds. Works on my 3 month old son too, tried everything to get him down the other day, and the only thing that worked was ten minutes of 88!

:lol: I can relate to that

Cool video. Here's how to embed, Ian.

2j5z8zd.jpg

Good stuff, Ian...that's REAL swamp logging.

Well done video. Looking forward to MORE!

What are the poles for that you harvested?

Good stuff, Ian...that's REAL swamp logging.

Well done video. Looking forward to MORE!

What are the poles for that you harvested?

Its for a piling contract we won, 640 6m alder poles and 300 2m poles for pining. Its the first large scale project in the UK to use traditional alder poles over pine since 1834

How do you like that skidding cone? How heavy and awkward is it to carry? Durable? Thanks.

Honestly its amazing, Light and easy to carry over your shoulder once a ropes through it. We had it bouncing off stumps, stems and log stacks and when it got stuck it flexed but never cracked. Since that job ive winched some 40ft black pines down a garden, Now without it i could of been ploughing for potatoes but all it needed was a bit of a rake. we had a 40cm diameter log in it easy.

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngk6Jny7g1M?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngk6Jny7g1M?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

power pruner would have reached... looks like he was trying to support it with a small prop, which let go. Probably trying to pick up some work from the storm, by the look of the rental truck.. at the very end you can hear a faint " I"M alright"..

Me too, after.
First time I saw the vid, I really felt the void in me when the tree dropped on the ground. The brain is strangely wired !

Me too, after.
First time I saw the vid, I really felt the void in me when the tree dropped on the ground. The brain is strangely wired !

I had a ladder on a gutter kick out... might have fallen 4 feet... went into some weird zone.. like another amazing dimension... can't even describe it now... is that what you mean by "the void"?
At the time I tried to describe it to a friend of mine who is a roofer.. He said he knew exactly what I was talking about and had been there himself.. Perhaps its some sort of protective mechanism, I went limp, fell soft with no injury.. weird!

It's when I'm in a free fall, like a big jump in water, or nearly free fall, like in the roller coaster (I hate deeply that. I tried one "big mountain" once, never again).
In a heart beat, it's like I don't have no more organ in the body, all sucked down.
It's a pain for me to feel that.

Curiously, before I began the tree climbing, I used to feel the same when I threw or let fall something from a hight place and look at it during its fall.:|:
The first tree jobs where not pleasant on this point. I had to drop the branches or logs without looking at them.
Hopefully this "disease" went quickly away with some weeks of practice.
Now I can follow by eyes a falling log until ground and no trouble at all. In fact, it's more like fun (over all when dead wood explodes on the ground):D

Back