Tree felling vids

Exactly.

Cut correctly, no chance of a barberchair.
Also you cut the backstrap outside in or risk teaning a root out of the ground or a slab out of the log.
Plus he was lucky not to get his bar pinched when cutting the hinge so thin an, far as I could see, not being aware of the possibility.

That was a crazy way of bore cutting that head leaner. Too complicated which increases the chance of error. I really did not like how he formed the hinge - dragging the tip like that is going to cause him trouble some day.

The bark showed a twisted grain on the trunk with the step back cut. Is that preventing the barberchair somehow, or will it split anyway ?

At least there is holding wood ! Some of the EAB infected ash in wny have the centers rotted out! ... The beetle only bores in so far so it must be fungi getting in and causing the damage

Well, according to the Murph, neither you or I know shit about cutting trees.

The greatest treeman alive ( with bucket access, of course).

he can use a saw, for sure.

Agreed, nice cutting. Just one point of conversation- dont ya think his face was excessively tall just from the standpoint of less cutting/time spent on a shorter face height given that risk of BC appeared low.

Dude. Yeah... that and my back hurt just WATCHING him limb out that boney Spruce with a 9 inch guide bar. For those of you who didn’t like how he looked in his tigh shirt, don’t worry... as hard as he is working with that stumpy bar... he should be a deadly Hollywood bloke in no time.😎

Back