The Official Work Pictures Thread

@pantheraba

Someone has installed an access line and set an inline anchor with ddrt climbing system to work off of.

It allows you to ascend on the access line, stop half way, go out and work on the doubled system. once work is complete, go back to srt mode and ascend more, rinse and repeat.

There is one issue with that particular setup and its a big one IMO. The pulley that is set for the doubled system is connected to the hand ascender. The hand ascender is toothed. You do not want to take a fall onto a toothed ascender. Depending on the access line construction that config could be potentially fatal. In the event of the fall onto the doubled system the toothed ascender can cut into the rope or even cut through the jacket. Kernmantle is best, IIRC but if the access line was 16 strand or DB there is a possibility of the jacket being cut and the cover sliding down the core.

There are better configurations of the same principle. Using a small prussic or tape sling above the hand ascender would be a better option. You would just ascend using whatever system, the hand ascender would advance the prussic then when you need to work, any potential shock loading from a fall would be on the prussic and not the toothed ascender.

Last edited:
After slashing blowdowns for many days, a welcome break of residential tree work. "Safety " pruned a big oak, >2" deadwood. Back in the saddle, trying to dial in my setup again, always takes a bit of remembering.

Pulled the maples on left into a block in the elm (pink rope in front) , then lowered Whole stems btw garage and elm. Pretty slick with the mini handling everything. Nice little trees that weren't rotten or anything! fine day
20210504_100538.jpg 20210504_100542.jpg

Yeah that's a really cool picture with the mountains and clouds Tom! Always amazes me how much work that much iron gets done too, and I've never seen the big horizontal grinders, only the tub ones. Cool pics man

Terrible wood fiber between sapwood rot and laminated root rot.

34" x 120' doug'fir snag.
Pretensioned with 100' of distance, backing up to a ditch
Stood up on wedges, moving it forward.

I had a clear exit, got to the loader, and pulled the tree a bit by hand (deflect the rope sideways) as it fell 30' to the side.

Attachments

• 2021050595174046.mp4
    1,007.5 KB
I tried to upload a 1:10 minute vid from my phone to here and she wouldn't take despite multiple tries.:whine:

Back