The Official Work Pictures Thread

What mechanical did you use and how did it handle the pitch?

@cory, I went from rope wrench and cord hitch + prusik flipline to Moving rope with ZigZag and Zillon. The Zig Zag links were sticky but the operation was remained smooth. After one evening the sap had dried on my hitch cord and it was fine again.

The insurance chimpanzees (auto correct was funny!!...company) was threatening to cancel the policy at my friend's wife's cat/ kitten rescue facility due to the overhanging willow.

I jumped on it for her, pronto.

Poor TIPS due to storm damageand regrowth.

She landed a couple pieces, and untied a handful I lowered and landed.

Did two different aerial triple hinges to swing into double-whip tackle rigging.
One I ended hand-sawing into a double hinge.

She has 20 other trees that are hazard removals that we walked today. Sounds like the bid will be approved.
Chip into piles or woods. My same friend will tractor-grapple and kboom-grapple Lots of firewood logs that I don't have to touch.

My nephew might come out and work. He's gotten a forestry bug. 20210427_112821.jpg 20210427_171749.jpg

She gave my borrowed truck dog a lot of attention, even taking him into the 'cat house' to get a water dish, but he just wanted to know where I was, outside.

"Support you local cat house" is their motto...a sense of humor.

Those are 'lenticular' clouds, we get them here over the mountains when weather is going to change...probably something more scientific like air currents and temperatures and such.

That's a great picture Ruel, and dreamy work, out on an island, boat ride, beautiful scenery, sharp saw...

Lucky indeed! That day we ended a bit early, to have enough water to sneak back through this little channel. Got back to the boat and it was sitting on a rock! Popped the anchor at high tide I guess. The boat was nicely balanced and just a little nudge set it back in, but 15 more minutes and it would have been on the hard. Felt extra lucky on the ride back, would have been a cold night waiting for the next tide

Why not just cut a right-sized log for the rear stabilizer, shove it under the rear frame member, make it tight either with a driven wedge or raising the tongue with the jack to lower the rear onto the log.

Why not just cut a right-sized log for the rear stabilizer, shove it under the rear frame member, make it tight either with a driven wedge or raising the tongue with the jack to lower the rear onto the log.

Cos I’m lazy.

Normally it’s hitched up to the truck so it’s not an issue.

LENTICULAR!!!... The very one! Thanks Fi. Yeah... we get em here all the time over Mt. Ranier, and the old timers all say that the weather’s a-changing’. We never get em over the ocean like that. That was a cool shot.

Cos I’m lazy.

Normally it’s hitched up to the truck so it’s not an issue.

l’ve had it happen a couple of times. Handball chipper into a tight spot, reverse truck up and not on hitch. Get a long stem cell onto hopper and the chipper is capable of chipping and it tilts, totally misses the back of the truck then you spend 20minutes cleaning the customers driveway.

Back