The Official Work Pictures Thread

Right...always suspect the old timer's advice as high on the "snake oil potential" scale.
:D
I am sure he was high on the snake oil. But started his company in 56' and pretty much was the only arborist in the area for decades and took his crew to classes at UW Madison for tree biology on a regular basis. So he was the old timer to listen to. Was he right? IDK

Wish I had some pics worth posting. All I have is pics of broken driveways and storm damage for a bid. Job yesterday was worthy but no pics were taken

Worked on these dead leaning fekkers. Bad dwarf mistle toe infestation I tried to mitigate years ago and they stopped the maintenance cycle. Of course the two hardest to access and leaning further over a steep slope covered in Juniper died first. No good zip line point. Rock field so mini is usless. Rigged most of the brush up to the pad with a drift line and two rigging points in adjacent trees. Basically climb 4, strip two, rig from 3. The last top and wood should be fun tomorrow. 20210624_084937.jpg 20210624_084928.jpg 20210624_085014.jpg 20210624_084948.jpg 20210624_085025.jpg 20210624_084821.jpg 20210624_084826.jpg 20210624_084901.jpg 20210624_084847.jpg

You’re a bad ass CV. You go through hell to make the custies happy it seems
Im tuckered. Just Rob and I on this one. Im bringing my son Levi in tomorrow to help clean up that lower slope. Had to dump a couple of crazy tops down there. The last top on the other tree will be able to rig into an Lz. Too much tangled goofy crapp on the two I tripped. Only be a small burn pile we will have to deal with though. Vs all the brash that Rob already chipped. We are going back in August to deal with the storm damage left on that slope in the junipers and take some more hangers out of the other trees. The tenent down below told the custy two live oak leads fell behind his garage on a worse slope lower down. So I guess we'll lower those down in a couple months as well.
I want our horses to eat the waist tall grass down first so we can get the mini in deeper and not trip over rocks and boulders for what hand dragging needs done. There are those pesky rattle snakes though. :/:
Horses went up tonight to live on about 5 acres of her place. She lets us graze about every year and she is more fire safe.

Had the pleasure of bringing the ground saw up this big ash tree. After a couple cuts the phone rings and I have to get antibiotics to fight Anaplasmosis, a gift from the ticks.
Went down, got the pills, popped one and finished the job. Next step is to move a few jobs and take it easy for a week. Watch for ticks and bites. These things are nasty and their gifts make you feel like crap. 20210626_102114.jpg 20210626_163155.jpg 20210626_102114.jpg

Sorry to hear about the ticks...small enemies are hard to deal with.

If I have to take my 290 up in a tree (20 inch bar) I hate it...can't imagine that big 'un.

It is really well dialed in so it starts on a single pull and is relatively good on gas. Those Monkey Beaver suspenders would have been great on a day like this.

It's a lot of weight to handle in a tree. I got spanked by my 362 when I took my locust down. First cut goes pretty well, but it seems to gain weight as the fuel gets consumed.

God bless worker bees. I was one for over 50 years. Started paying taxes when I was 12 years old. Got my social security card and began a career in farm labor. Picking prunes, peaches and walnuts. It was expected in the family. And I grew up a better man by it.

Weak people today take advantage of the system and are a painful burden to the betterment of us and all Mankind.

It's a woke world today. Sorry to say.

I feel so awesome to take the 3120xp / 44" bar up in the trees (Lombardi poplars and weeping willows).!
Well, not really. Not by the saw itself, hard but bearable, but more related to the work positioning on the trunk. I was very miserable a couple times, like the bar is stuck in the unfinished cut and I had to pull it back lengthwise to me to free it, as I was way low under the cut due to a big bulge on the trunk and in fear to fold the bar's nose with the saw's weight. Tense moments.

P 4FC22D3B-38E4-4C3A-AD0D-28A1E3F2A4ED.jpeg
74013736-927A-4FD0-AC45-B206AE01941E.jpeg

A couple of poor pictures of the stump of the ash tree that tried to kill me today. Heavy head leaner 30plus inches and a little over 80ft positioned at the bottom of a steep banking - a bad tree to cut in my books. I knew it was decayed, so, in my wisdom I messed up my face and had to recut it deeper to avoid a big oak tree and it was at that point it started to talk and creak to me. Bore cut from one side leaving a decent strap - had to leave a decent hinge to retain control. Went around the other side and plunged the cut in and BANG ! The tree exploded off the stump ripping the saw out of my hand and catapulting it away from me. I just ran and dived out of the way. I have no doubt that if it was not for the decay across the hinge it would have been a massive barbers chair with little chance of escape. I have to admit that it took more than a couple of minutes to regain my composure and complete the tree. I looked at the stump and apart from the depth of the face cut, I would have done nothing different. All I can say is I was so fuckin happy to walk through the front door this evening. Take care folks !

Back