The Official Work Pictures Thread

Man, this is my favorite thread on the internet. Can’t believe the work you’re putting up Sean.

I’ve had a rather boring coupla weeks fallin small stuff, winch, chip, rinse, repeat.

Pete: Sir, that’s the first time I’ve been deeply impressed by a pruning job in a really long time... nice job man.

I miss this thread.

Red Oak prune today. Been let go and had a lot of dead, mistletoe and limbs on the cars and roof. The limb toward the parking area is getting a cable install since I did not like the attachment with included bark and mistletoe in it. Little add on after consulting the owner.
Before and afters.View attachment 111959View attachment 111960View attachment 111961View attachment 111962View attachment 111963View attachment 111964
I wish I could prune oaks this time of year. :( Oak wilt around the hood.

What if there is storm damage or hazardous deadwood, then ya gotta do what ya gotta do?

Yeah. Others here know far more than i do about it, i just know that it kills quickly and is in the do not want category. We should have a thread on it to educate people like me.

What if there is storm damage or hazardous deadwood, then ya gotta do what ya gotta do?
Deadwood you can cut out as long as you are not cutting into live tissue and storm damage is a gamble. The tree is already damaged so it's putting out hormones already so it's a craps shoot. I'll cauterize the wound with a torch. It's pretty rare that a healthy oak will get damaged without some major defect present and leads to removal. A lot of the oaks we work are old 150YO and up the young one don't see much damage.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of cauterizing the would, is that a thing?

Kind of makes sense to me as someone who doesn't know much. Scorch the wound so it dries out and makes it less friendly to organisms. Shouldn't affect the tree too badly. I could be wrong too. That happens sometimes :^P

Cory on tippy- toes?😂 Never tall enough.😂

Dude... mabe I just need to keep my own redundant carcass out of this thread long enough for you to feel like you halfta post some REAL, heavy-wood picks. 💪🤜👊👊👊

Cory on tippy- toes?😂 Never tall enough.😂

Dude... mabe I just need to keep my own redundant carcass out of this thread long enough for you to feel like you halfta post some REAL, heavy-wood picks. 💪🤜👊👊👊

hahahahahahahahahaha

Your cool pics gave me inspiration.8)

Keep em coming!!:rockhard::big-not-worthy::rockhard:

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of cauterizing the would, is that a thing?
Could be a snake oil treatment. I got the technique form an old timer, well respected, but an old timer. His reasoning it sealed off the cambium so the bugs didn't feast on the fresh wound.

6 Dead doug-fir, all pounded over, except the last, which also had a good pull on the Maasdam rope-puller.

Sapwood rot in some, root rots in all.

Forest trees, so tall for their width. The 36" was around 150', with all the limbs toward the house.
APTA for a 75'+ shot. Senas for the win.

Was going to finish thinning the far side hinge, when we had it on the run, but didn't need to.

20210623_103003.jpg

20210623_103906.jpg

20210623_150802.jpg

20210623_150805.jpg

20210623_150823.jpg

Last edited:
Back