The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

That's more or less what I've always done. Never watered, never fertilized, and never applied any kind of *cide. I'd like to turn some of my backyard into full blown meadow, but I'd want it in flowers and other interesting plants. Not thorns and ivy. Haven't had much luck in the past with wildflowers, but I haven't given up on the idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a bunch of wildflower seeds, gonna plant in back yard which is pretty shot

I could sell my soul to the devil. My neighbor wants to sell his highly profitable, low- risk, low- stress hydroseeding biz. Asked if i wanted to buy it.

He works at least full- time in his management job.

No thanks.

I've been slowly decreasing my lawn, but have a lot. My 1.75 acre property used to be mostly pasture.

A good line, you may have heard for tree customers... if you want a lawn, let it be a nice rug, not wall to wall carpet.

John,
Phacelia is s native that does well in our area for a ground cover. Lacy Phacelia (purple flower) in full sun and Shade Phacelia (yellow flower) in shadier areas. It tends to be aggressive enough to keep the riffraff out.

That's a pretty flower. Where would one get some? I keep meaning to dig up some milkweed from work to plant a couple stands, but I never seem to get to it. Jewelweed also. I think that would do reasonably well in my sideyard, and popping seed pods is some of the best fun you can have in the outdoors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who knew

Back