The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

The Biking Thread

Merle Nelson

TreeHouser
Thanks for sharing that story, Pat!

Today I was looking at the line-up of "ebikes" on the internet. Oh boy, oh boy, there's a lot to chose from, and the prices and features are competitive. For an asthmatic old timer like myself a midline ebike with pedal assist runs about 1,000 to 1,500 bucks. On our local park trails and log roads, all permitting, it could give me a comfortable radius of 10 to 20 miles easy. I'm thinking serious.

edited for usual misspells.
[/QUOTE

This guy is someone I made contact with through an ebike forum. I think his focus is making ebikes cheaper, lighter, and more stealth by converting normal bikes.

SeanKroll

Treehouser
Thanks for sharing that story, Pat!

Today I was looking at the line-up of "ebikes" on the internet. Oh boy, oh boy, there's a lot to chose from, and the prices and features are competitive. For an asthmatic old timer like myself a midline ebike with pedal assist runs about 1,000 to 1,500 bucks. On our local park trails and log roads, all permitting, it could give me a comfortable radius of 10 to 20 miles easy. I'm thinking serious.

edited for usual misspells.
It you have a bike, you can got a front hubs motor and battery packs cheaper. I don't know current details.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!