Official Guns Thread

Not difficult at all, good sir. Just grip it and it pulls right off the magnet that it lives on. 😁

Is that a carry holster or one in the truck or something? Any pics of that by any chance? I've never seen a magnet one, that's pretty cool

Those magnets are really smart.
Never seen them before.
Will they hold a loaded Ruger GP 101?
I have mine stuck behind the safe, but having it hanging would be way better.

Yep, GP100
The second 1 was a typo.

It has a dead flat surface in front of the rear sight, so it should work fine.
I'm ordering one when they get them back in stock..

Thanks!

Showed " Currently unavailable" to me.
Might be because I am European and they don't want to ship overseas.
I'll search around some and see if I can find tyhem somewhere else.

Problem solved.
I made a lamp for the woodturning lathe by attaching a flexible lamp to a heavy duty magnet, the kind used for attaching GPS gear to shovels on excavators for creeks.
They have a 3D "map" of where the new bottom has to be and just follow the GPS, Star wars stuff.

Those magnets are STRONG.

It is nice to have a lamp that can be stuck on anywhere on the lathe.

Anyway, it holds the gun just fine.
It is not rubber coated, so if I'm not carefull, it'll scratch the gun.
I figure it'll fire just as fine with a few scratches on it.

So I'll just get another magnet like this one and screw that up ( It has a central hole for a screw)

Thanks again for turning me on to this, Scott.

P1080168.JPG

Both of you are right.
Don't know why I didn't think of that.

I like it. Not for a carry weapon, but I think it’s one of the best for home defense. One 17-round and two 24-round mags came with it. The light was free with purchase at the time. That’s the first reflex sight I’ve owned. It’ll take some getting used to but it stays on all the time. Goes to sleep after several minutes, then “awakens” when it senses motion. I want a suppressor eventually. The idea of discharging or inside the house makes my ears hurt.

I would forget about adding a Suppressor to an already large handgun,especially one intended to be used in close quarters.Perhaps take your gun into a shop that sells Suppressors,screw one on the end and wave it about for a bit.They screw up the balance,and make the gun "dragey".Alot of people have cans for their pistols over here,but its really only the ones on .22s that get much use.

" Their walls are build of cannonballs, their motto is, don't tread on me."

Me no like.
But then I don't like the decorated English double rifles either.

I like guns to be plain.
People too.

Part of me hates to do this because it is sort of an asshole thing to do, part of me rejoices that my command of your language is good enough that I can :D .

Decorum basically means good behaviour, not decorations on a gun.

My quote was from "The Grateful dead".

Thx for the info. What I was specifically wondering was if he gave some kind of bulk discount based on a customer like that.

Back