The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Official Guns Thread

Frankie

I Build and Run Ported Saws !
My Smith and Wesson MP Tactical .22 will hit a quarter 10 of 10 times from 100 yards using cci AR tactical ammo and I’ve hit a cigarette pack from 150yds consistently with same ammo ... not bad for a .22cal

Frankie

I Build and Run Ported Saws !
CCI AR- Tactical .22 LR 40 Grain Copper-Plated Round Nose 300 Rounds | Kinsey's Outdoors - https://www.kinseysoutdoors.com/product/cci-ar-tactical-22-lr-40-grain-copper-plated-round-nose-300-rounds/ ... Terrific round ... In my S/W MP-15 it does better than the 1.5 at 100yds ... The ammo has A LOT to do with accuracy especially with a pea-shooter .22 when you get past 50yds ... I’ve tried quite a few high end rounds as well as wally world specials . I always went back to the tact-22s, Cabelas had a bogo on em ... Let’s suffice to say I have enough for a lifetime of rabbit stew!:)

treesmith

Banned
October 3rd was my birthday lol
My friend brought his new ruger .556 to our friends range
I was very impressed it's accurate with a very good trigger.
He put a cheap green dot on it
I hit a 4" gong 18 time's in a row at a 100 meters
I really like like the smaller diameter foregrip.
What size is the dot? My bedside AR pistol has a 2 MOA red dot sight. At 100 yards it covers a 2” circle so it’s hard to get as precise as you can with a reticle scope. I can group 2” with it, which is plenty good for its purpose.

Last edited:

Czed

Treehouser
What size is the dot? My bedside AR pistol has a 2 MOA red dot sight. At 100 yards it covers a 2” circle so it’s hard to get as precise as you can with a reticle scope. I can group 2” with it, which is plenty good for its purpose.
He said it was a cheap truglo I don't know which model had a few choices for brightness and a cross hair
Not much magnification
I use iron sights on my ARs.

cory

TreeHouser
Serious looking weapon, Treesmith.

Hey I was thinking of getting something like this, it seems like it'd be good for shooting and home defense. Seems to have good reviews but one con noted was not good at 'double action shooting' Um, I thought that's what a pistol is, basically a semi auto hand gun. What am I missing?

treesmith

Banned
I have one similar to that. I think what they’re saying is they don’t care for its performance in double-action mode...pulling the trigger with the hammer down, and cycling through. Long trigger pull... Here’s mine.
7C4AFE23-1758-4466-B66B-501AE1E6B634.jpeg

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!