O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I guess it got too late....just got this from tracking....supposed to deliver tomorrow:

Attention
No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day
Recommended action:
No action required. Delivery re-scheduled for next business day.

Life!! General gear attachments, rigging/strapping x-ray equipment into our trailers when we have to carry heavy stuff (I keep at least 8-10 in each trailer), a type of yoga I do....here's some ideas:

Attachments

• PIC Tucker install  (5).jpg
    PIC Tucker install (5).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • PIC Tucker install  (6).jpg
    PIC Tucker install (6).jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • PIC Tucker install  (8).jpg
    PIC Tucker install (8).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • PIC Tucker install  (12).jpg
    PIC Tucker install (12).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • chain anchor longyi  (2)resized.jpg
    chain anchor longyi (2)resized.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 13
  • anchored longyi GL back.jpg
    anchored longyi GL back.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 13
  • chain anchor longyi  (1)resized.jpg
    chain anchor longyi (1)resized.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 12
anyone have the dmm geckos? I just got em but the fiberglass cups seem super flimsy compared to the regular.

Any long term dmm gecko users?

No, but soon there’ll be a second generation.
If you’re on Facebook you can see a video he made on Endor’s Arborists Supply’s page.
It looks nice.
Another version is coming. I had the pleasure of talking with Matt at Endors that day. There have been some nice improvements made since the TS version. Also he mentioned being able to buy individual parts. No name for it. Just will have VALIANT and a symbol stamped on the back pad. Not to many details per Matt’s request

I've had my DMM Geckos for about two years, no problems with the top pads. Hated the bottom straps, so changed them to the Buck Velcro. Best spurs I've ever had. Wish I'd gotten them years ago.

I did move the top Velcro slightly as it had a slight pucker in it when wrapped around my legs. Now it's fully flat when wrapped.

Last edited:
ddd.jpg
There's been a couple of these for sale locally and I entertained the thought of having one for my weekend warrior treework.

Any opinions or experience with them? Most of my jobs are small time...

I have my doubts that could pull a trailer. If you saw the axel in person tinker toy comes to mind. A jeep wrangler is more capable IMO.

It's sure a cute little truck, for sure. I've seen many a one on offer here in the PNW market, imported used from Japan. Pretty much a toy, but a nice toy!

Not sure how good they are for me for climbing, haven’t tried them yet. I want a shorter heel, less weight, and soles that aren’t so hard. These should grip nice on smooth bark for limb walking and still have some arch support for standing in loops or foot ascenders. These came recommended from a few folks, and they were about 100$ so figured I’d try em our. If I don’t like em for climbing, I’ll wear them for hiking and mountain biking and just to kick around in, and I’ll try the Drayer Tango VI. I got a few pairs of Doc Martens Industrial that work decent for climbing, but I wanted something lighter and more grip or traction.

For spurs quality logger boots or real lineman boots can’t be beat, or such has been my experience anyways. I love my Whites, and another pair of loggers I got from LeHigh.

I will say that they’re very comfortable out of the box, but they’re gonna have almost no protection from impact or other abuse you might see on a tree job. I’m used to steel toes and my feet feel vulnerable in these.

Keen makes steel toe work boots that are comfortable and soft soled enough for trees. That's what I put in my feet everyday outside of spur climbing.

Logger heels suck on the ground, residentially, particularly hardened ground.

Back