The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

kevin bingham

TreeHouser
They are very small and might not meet safety regs. Their top speed is 55 more or less. They are four wheel drive and not meant for interstates. They can have little dumpers on them, refrigerator, delivery box, little tankers, anything you can think of. Most people here use them as hunting atvs, off road, ranch and farm vehicles. They have heat and lights and all the amenities unlike some other ranch/farm trucks. They have high clearance, tight turning radius and get 60- 70 mpg. They have diesel and gas and manual and automatic. There are some little bitty work vans that are also sweet. The steering wheel is on the wrong side but they are so small I don't think it matters.

ruel

TreeHouser
It is gd criminal we can't import small trucks to the USA without a 25% tariff. Kevin is right about the tiny trucks not meeting safety regs, but the "chicken tax" on foriegn trucks is what keeps the next size up out of US markets.

I have gone down a pretty serious rabbit hole trying to figure out how to import a Toyota dyna truck. It can be done, but only with trucks 25 or more years old!

Burnham

Woods walker
I disagree 100% with this assessment. A jaguar is a toy. These are incredibly designed and well thought out tools. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by not allowing these things over here.
I'll defer to your more experienced opinion Kevin, regarding the kei trucks. In an urban environment, they may be the best thing going, I wouldn't know...though in the rural setting I still think they would be too small and underpowered. But that may well be wrong.

As to the Jag...right again, it's definitely a toy, though not exactly toy-like :).

kevin bingham

TreeHouser
I think most Kei trucks in the USA are used in rural The states the allow them often specify that they are only to be used in rural places. It depends on what job you are asking of the truck but just because it's small does not mean its a toy. Although it is true that most people's trucks are in fact toys that are never used for one tenth of what they are capable of. These kei trucks are more truck than most truck owners ever need.

flushcut

TreeHouser
I agree toy. I have been starring at them for a week and half now. Maybe a six inch chipper and dump body but at a guess two yard capacity. And I have my doubts about holding up well. If you are into really small prunings or trimming hedges it might be good. But that is about it.

Ryan

Treehouser
I'd like to see how high I could stack brush on the back. Hauling rounds might need a conservative approach...

cory

TreeHouser
Yeh there has to be a lot of epic photos to share from there. I saw a great one awhile back, a skinny kid on a skinny bike carrying a fridge. Did I see that here??:|:

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!