O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

PSC0611_IN_017.jpg

Interesting.

Ordered a treemotion this weekend from wesspur.. 20% off the highest priced item in your cart for Thanksgiving weekend. I saved a hundred bucks on the saddle. :thumbup:

So I started the same thread on Arbtalk but thought I should contribute here.

My compulsive spending is legendary, according to my wife but the really 'essential' Arb stuff I have now consist of:
Stein Trolley
ZK1
Lockjack
Stein Dual Bollard
Unimog
DMM things (when the other cheaper brands would suffice)
Hitch Hiker
Mini Cooper S Turbo (for visiting clients you understand)

OK say what you will about Kong, but this little ascender was too cute to pass up. It'll be used for advancing a footloop in a ropewalker system. The helmet was much cheaper here than in the US, only about $87. Unfortunately, they only had white. I was hoping for a more exciting color.

loot.jpg body.jpg

I like how small that footloop is. I'm going to make one similar. How's the 3mm holding up?

I had some goodies waiting when I got home today..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358637874.884559.jpg

I like how small that footloop is. I'm going to make one similar. How's the 3mm holding up?

The 3mm is holding up fine, but I need to come up with a better way to attach it to the webbing footloop. That attachment point isn't going to last long.

Nick, I picked up the big dan after you posted saying you were using one in your SRT setup. This thing is crazy. 50kn major 17kn minor. I think I can feel safe with that. :)

I'm going to do a woods climb down in Rhode Island in the morning and give the new stuff a shot. The swivel is beautiful. Everything everywhere is smooth so both sides are textile friendly. I can also use this one like a bridge ring and use the opposite eye for another system when I'm double crotching. Hope I like it!

Rumi, what about putting some grommets in there? I have a little kit that I use to put grommets on tarps and sometimes on ditty bags.

images

I should get a commission from Luke on you Adam!

They handed out a bunch of Big Dans at work this summer. We use one on the chipper winch line and have since ruined the locking function of the gate but for being loaded all kinds of wrong pretty much every time it is holding up awesome and never complains or hints at failing. I broke an aluminum biner with the tractor this year and dont think I could break that Big Dan if I tried...I use mine for my base tie on the spliced end of my rope as you mentioned.

Hope you like it, dont hit yourself in the mouth with it, that hurts.

Thanks Adam, a grommet is the simple answer. I'll try to track down one of those kits.

I'm another fan of those big Dan biners. The guy I work with in NM also has one on his chipper winch. It is seemingly indestructible.

Last week I bought this....
IMG_1615.jpg

and it's awesome. It took me about 3 seconds to convince myself I really need one!

Three weeks ago I bought this.......
IMG_1584.jpg

It's the new Protos Arborist helmet, manufactured by Pfanner. I'm not sure if you have this brand in the US but it is the latest in design and technology. Comfier, safer and cooler/less hot than every other helmet on the market.

Back