O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Pintles seem stronger too. Although right after I started with Big Green they bought a new 18 inch Bandit with the winch and all the goodies. 3 days old and I forgot to close the pintle at the dump, got distracted, something. Driving down the freeway we hear this grinding, we pulled over; one chain was completely severed and I want to say the other one had maybe 1mm of steel left. The ebrake cable on the new chipper was 2 or 3 feet to long to engage so they never fired.

The way is see it we were like 10 seconds away from losing it. It must of bounced off when we hit a bump. The same thing could happen with a ball I guess. Scary though

Interesting, I just down sized. Bought a little 3500 pounder to pack the stumper around. I intend to be able to pull it with a for ranger or something similar if I can find a deal on one

All Pintles should pinned, not just closed. I pin all my ball couplers, after checking that the latch is around the ball, not on top of it.

I haven't bought it yet but I looked at this car trailer today. Looks like I can get a screaming deal on it, and a trustworthy buddy who owns an auto repair shop wants to go halves on it with me. I'm planning on picking it up as soon as we work out all the details. This will allow me to trailer my car to the track instead of having to drive out there on race slicks and then dealing with a heat soaked motor costing me power (30 mile drive to the track). It's also nice knowing you can still get your car home if you break down. When you race, it isn't a question of whether you will break down or not. If you race long enough, you will eventually break something.

IMG_2250.jpg

i saw a chipper nearly go over a cliff (from parked), cause the dummies used sticks for chocks. that was funny.

as to OCGD, i sent my check to paul monday for two HHs, just got me a petzel basic and wire gate revolver, plus a handful of petzel angle-L biners. so shiny! unfortunately, i managed to lose my pantin somewhere tween thursday and monday:X. now i feel naked without it.

Today I picked up a check for 3 days worth of work, then called the guy with the trailer to arrange the transaction. He sold it this morning to somebody else. :cry:

Found another trailer. Not as nice as the last one but only $700. With a few hundred worth of work it will be very nice. I spent the last couple hours knocking the homemade sides off of it. My 4½" grinder sure got a workout. I want to replace the hitch, tongue jack, fenders and throw some paint on it. My welder buddy is going to make me some ramps.

It's dark out, the seller already pulled his Craigslist ad and I'm working tomorrow. It's just a basic 16' car trailer. No dovetail on it (yet). 3 good tires, I'll replace 1 and pick up a spare. I used to have a couple spares with that same standard 5 lug bolt pattern but gave them away. I'll hit up my buddy Mike and see if he still has one of them.

Back