O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

P1020158.JPG P1020160.JPG P1020163.JPG

Since we have all the hedges at the castle to do, it was time to invest in some hedge trimming equipment.

The giraffe or elephant trunk outfit is REALLY nice. All of a sudden the hedge trimmer is completely weightless. It is like trimming hedges at the moon, but with a better atmosphere.

Stihl's new battery powered trimmer is really the cat's ass. Light and makes no more noise that my electric shaving device.
But the price is harsh.
A bit over 1 grand.

Ouch!

I remember when I was making fun of the shoulder pack thing... Last month I was using a pole gas shear to do some large hedges and as my arms got more and more fatigued I am thinking to myself... "I don't hear you laughing now!"

I'm thinking about getting the easy lift.

Hedges KILL my back. I did 5 hours last week and the pain was terrible. I've got 8hrs+ of hedges to do at another site and and dreading it, that looks like a nice tool!

Bought a 28' flatbed gooseneck with tandem duals and a 6x6 deck on the neck. The goofy plywood sides are coming off tootsweet!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343179057.758509.jpg

So was that the Ma purchase with the B man? Looks like a nice piece if it is what you need. Sorry I didn't get the message until late. Maybe next time.

This is for my fellow shinny vehicle junkies.

Foam Lance. Uses very little soap, lets the suds do the work, no need for dirty water bucket. Easy peasy. Applied with pressure washer.

I just got mine in yesterday, they rock!

My truck is blue, btw. :lol:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 21
Yah, we need more details. If it's Brendon approved for cleaning vehicles over handscrubbing I'll definetly be looking into it.

Lol, my uncle who worked with me for a few years was washing his truck last friday when the big storm rolled in. 1st the power went out at the wash right as his truck was foamed up, then the insane wind hit and covered the foam with dust and dirt of all description. At this point he gave up and had to drive home with a slightly 'brown' foamed up truck. Lmao.

Lol Willie.

It's made by MTM Hydro, you can get them many places online. About 50-$60. Still gotta scrub, but instead of dipping into a dirty water bucket, it better lifts the dirt too. It's nice to disperse the soap everywhere, and better. Looks cool too.

Do you have to use a pressure washer and special soap?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tcCR7US3NQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No special soap. I just used my regular car soap. Small amount in the bottom, fill the rest with water.

It does need a pressure washer.

I thought it would be good for the bucket truck and things. It reaches far, then I can just use a brush on a wand.

Back