O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Thanks Jay, I have the tools, just never really heard to do so.

I'm waiting to stick them in some wood, Squish. They'll only look that good one time in their life.

You got it bad, Stephen! Ease up a bit and put that money toward your family, or save it up for some powered machinery to make your life easier. ;)

Today I stopped in my local Vermeer, first time in over a year I would guess. I happened to be going right by their door and popped in for a new Zubat blade. Picked up an 8' yellow pole as well to replace one that got broken a month ago. Damn near $100 for two items.

Got it handled B :)
Wraptor right after my second tax installment on the property ;)
I am just taking a small percentage of the better tree jobs and buying some things we have been needing, needing to replace, or just to make life easier. The items are also purchased for up coming jobs...
That felling bar is going to work here soon on three thinning jobs.. Throw line cube will occupy less space in the truck and fit in my gear bag. Both the rigging and climbing bags will have their own cube and lines. Glow in the grass screnches are self explanatory :lol: Cones are replacing some markers that are just falling apart. I have a parking lot job I am anticipating and I have been needing more markers.
I just can't wait to get the Wraptor... That rental is finally helping out around here. :)

Looks like an Ahlborn purchase. Are those the new bags they just came out with? How do the seem? I have also been wondering about the feeling lever. What are you feelings on that as well?

Yes Ahlborn. Just started trying out some of their stuff selectively. Still have to try the felling lever out. :D Should have the opportunity by the end of next week. I bought this one to try as it also has the hook. I can remove the hook should I not like it. Should be good to turn a log with or maybe dislodge a hung tree. It should really shine in the thinning of small like oaks and ponderosa I do up here. The two bags were on sale.. I think about 39.00 for both. Not as heavy as my Buckingham bags, but for loop runners, dead eyes and lighter stuff, they should work well. Just thought the price was cool. I would not load them up heavy though. The throw line cubes look durable enough. Price was very reasonable to check them out. See how they hold up.

Oh and just a heads up... I bought some chain and a couple bars from them.. 050 .375 16"
Anyway.... Bar seems fine. See how many hours it holds up, I do mostly brushing with that size bar anyway. Beat the bejeezus out of them. The chain was a little to be desired. Teeth had some imperfections that probably won't hurt anything... Had to use a 3/16ths file on it as opposed to 7/32 as the file would not fit between the raker and the tooth. Just a little pet peeve. I prefer to carry less types files with me. :P I'll be grinding them in the dirt and rock anyways :lol: Sticking with the Woodsman Pro Chain.

Paul, I just bought a blade for my Silky Gomboy, the longer one. It was like twenty bucks. I could ask about the Zubat, they don't show that saw where I purchase.

Jay, no big deal, just if its easy to figure. I get the blades and saws at a 'wholesale' price from the Canadian distributor, just curious how close he is in pricing. Although the shipping to get them here must cost a bundle.

Another box arrived.... :)
I was due to retire my Bashlin pads and a come-a-long. Soooooo.. I got 200 feet of rope for the puller as well :)
I also bought another Hitch Climber like I have been planning to do for my rope bridge. Now I will have multiple attachment points on my bridge like I have always liked. :)
WesSpur had them marked down a tad, so the timing seemed right with all the pruning I have scheduled.

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 90
My poison oak and black berry removal tool replacement came today... :D Should come in real handy this year and more to follow :)
Got tired of screwing with the old one I could not buy a non leaking tank for. Leaks are not good juju when working in creek beds.

Attachments

• P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 74
I bet about 4 members here know what 'be in new west' means. LOL

Catch ya tomorrow evening Dylan, you have my number.

You're gonna love those vids :thumbup: Make sure you have everything you need near ya.. drink.. snack.. you won't wanna get up and interrupt it... Even pause was hard for me.

Anybody know what some cheaper alternative to amsteel is called? IIRC someone mentioned it someplace. Supposed to be close to the same, but cheaper.

Got some checks coming in. After the tax man, I may get some more new stuff.

Back