O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Dyneema?
That is what I use.
I get it from a company that supplies the fishing industry.
Way cheaper than getting it from the local dealer of forestry goods.

Expect to spend some serious time, boys. Worth every minute, too.

Stig is right...for the most part, we don't have anything left to discuss and debate, now :).

I've watched the vids all the way through, about to start again so hopefully more will sink in. I was slow at math too. :(

A lot of the first time was just, "Wow, look at that big tree!".

Had to run an errand nearby the biggest Stihl dealer in town. I normally don't deal with them but I stopped in just to see if they had any 200T's left. They had about 15, I grabbed one. If I get this job I just bid then I may go back and get another.

I bought two in February as spares but ended up putting one into service this year so that left me with just one. Now I have two spares again. Still might get another, that would give me a new saw every year for three years and then a nice collection of used saws after that. I figure Stihl should have the 201T up to snuff by then.

Just walked down the block to check at my local dealer...he has a few on the shelf yet, listed at $629.95...no sales tax in Oregon. I could probably get it for 10% under, going on past history, but maybe not since it's a limited availability thing.

I did my part to support the failing American economy today.

Our new GRCS arrived from the States:)

We've been very happy with the Hobb's for years, but trying willie's GRCS this summer, convinced me that it is more efficient for most things.

I've been asked already,but you'll notice i say: "more efficient for most things".

I still hold with the Hobb's for the really big takedowns, where you try to slow big pieces down, before they hit a house.

That may just be because I haven't tested the GRCS yet.

I was the first private arborist in this country to get a Hobb's, the only other belonged to the forestry school.
Nice to be moving on to something new.

Really, the GRCS will do everything the hobbs will do. I was of the same mind till I got my GRCS. That doesn't mean you wont need 2 devices someday

Swine!
You are ruining me!
First the carbon spurs, now the GRCS.
I'll never visit you again.

Sure I will,I enjoyed the hell out of that visit, and I bet you are right.
Last winter I had two ,"freezing to death" ,climbers in the same tree.
The bottleneck was at the ground end and it was cold enough that they couldn't sit still and wait for the ground end to catch up.
Two devices would have been just the ticket.

If you're the only one who is ever going to touch it, then get the Zubat. Otherwise stick with the fiberglass poles, basic Marvin polesaw head and the $16 tri-edge blades. The Zubat will kill you in blade replacement costs, the cheapos are just as sharp and hold an edge for a good while.

Back