O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I will be the only one using it all of my Silky saws are mine and mine alone kind of like a guilty pleasure that I do not share.

Stig, Keep the Hobbs, you're right. Why burn all those fine gears on the grcs by catching big wood? It's better at cranking.
I'm an idiot, whatever, I'm just saying if you got both keep both.

I have a grcs, love it. The hobbs is better for abuse. I've hit my buddies with an over hundred pound chunk, no worries.

Topical? Um, I just bought my buddy a new nikosi saddle (my tax write off) and traded him it for sherril bucks for tree gear, win, win.

I agree, Butch., At first I was all Chico pride, but they suck compared to Silky.

Wiley talks about another less expensive japanese blade, I never got into them since I get a deal on silky blades.

I flat wore out a longboy in 2 years time. Button holes are shot. Replacing the poles is only about 50$ shy of a new saw! Silky has me spoiled. I tend to take for granted how quick the saws actually are. City Arborist takes all the old blades. He will use them for another few months.

Swine!
You are ruining me!
First the carbon spurs, now the GRCS.
I'll never visit you again.

Sure I will,I enjoyed the hell out of that visit, and I bet you are right.
Last winter I had two ,"freezing to death" ,climbers in the same tree.
The bottleneck was at the ground end and it was cold enough that they couldn't sit still and wait for the ground end to catch up.
Two devices would have been just the ticket.

You should come check out my new knuckle boom:D I'll have a bigger tree for you to climb too if you give me more heads up!

Silky blades? deal? hmmm, I might be able to help.... if shipping works.

I'm going to try those new 'Climb Right' aluminum spikes...$189 price match (Bailey's had them on sale)
got a pair and a new wire core coming from Wesspur.
1/2" x 10' Yale flipline $87 Wesspur...$150 on the shelf in Australia!!!!

Same story here, bermy.
Which is why I import most of my gear from the US.

Stopped by the saw shop on my way in today. Worried about the next 4-5 years with no good alternative to the 200T. They had six left, I bought three.

IMG_1994.jpg

Back