O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I'm 160-165, Butch. Not heavy, not light.

There is only one reason I can think of that your Bashlins would have wallered out, and that's that the mounting screws got a bit loose, and you climbed on them that way a while before you realized they needed to be cinched up snug again. When a smidge loose, the wallering could happen pretty fast, I expect. Maybe it happened repeatedly. Once it started, tightening wouldn't have done much good stopping the wear, and it would just get worse every step on them.

They've always been snug and tight. I can't get them any tighter.

Then that leaves us back where Skwerl posited that you just have a higher useage rate than any of the rest of the world of spur climbers.

Or you're just hell on gear ;).

I'm sure you'll love the titaniums...stay with the caddies, but don't bolt 'em on :).

Well we had a call yesterday offering us a year or so old Echo PPT 261 power pruner pole saw... $300.00. Somebody needed money that we knew and the thing is like new.. :)
I like the new model better... but hey ..
I will get pics after I pick it up :D

Picked up the power pruner today.. Runs like top :D
Nice reach... Just a tad heavy.. I have used this model, rented it once. I was going to buy a lighter one with more attachments. I just could not pass up the price... :D

Attachments

• IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    737.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    776.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 14
Which spurs, the T2 titaniums? Bashlin Aluminum? Carbon Fiber? Severe CRS here, I don't remember which ones you were getting.

For Squishy :shifty: :
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNi14CYOiAw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNi14CYOiAw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i looked at this spray rig today, nothing special but thought id ask opinions. i seen it spray back in september when it first came in and it had several leaks that suposedly have been repaired. its a 5.5 hp honda engine, 100 gallon tank, looks like at least 100' of hose. comes with a spray gun and a soil needle. any rough ideas on value or uses? im waiting on test results for my pestacide applicator liscence but i am green as far as knowledge so any input is good

Attachments

• calhoun 001.jpg
    calhoun 001.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 6
  • calhoun 002.jpg
    calhoun 002.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 6
  • calhoun 003.jpg
    calhoun 003.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 8
  • calhoun 004.jpg
    calhoun 004.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 8
Been doing a lot of small diameter tip pruning, so I sucked it up and got a pole pruner that came in the mail today. Since I was making the order, I added a few other things too; 200 ft Velocity, another steel snatch block, some HRC cord, and 30 ft of 1/2" amsteel to make some slings.

Went out to ride on the new climbing line a bit just before dark, and I noticed that the line left my hands feeling a little tacky. I think I remember something about sampson coating their ropes with some sort of protectant. What's the deal with that, and does it wear away?

Wagnaw - Samson puts this stuff called "Suregrip" on the rope. It's basically a water-based polyurethane, much like what they put on coated Stable Braid. It's supposed to make the rope easier to grip, but does tend to come off on the hands and the friction hitch. It wears off after a few uses. Believe it or not, they actually reduced the amount of this stuff they apply by 40% last year. If you think this is a lot, you should have seen it before.

Back