O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Cool, thanks Brett. :)

As far as splicing, I suck at 16 strand. My last 4-5 attempts have ended in failure, I pay to have my Arbormaster lifelines spliced before I get them now. Double braid is easy though.

For my lanyard adjustment I use a 3-2 VT tied with 3/8" double braid polyester (Sta-Set).

Yeah, change it around like you said, Brian...in the original configuration those are awkward as heck to use.

Nice deal Brett, even so.

More eBay stuff!

I got my new titanium climbers yesterday! Now I just need to get some jobs to try them out.

Attachments

• HPIM0804.JPG
    HPIM0804.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 8
My new titanium spikes got a workout today! Spent four hours in them this morning killing an elm tree in a back yard. Lots of targets, so much of it had to be roped out. A full load of mulch and another half load of logs. I'm loving these new spurs! Nice and light, and very comfortable. :D

Cool, glad you like them. I like mine as well, even if I don't use them much any more.

I hated to spend the money but I had to buy a new blower today. My old one crapped out 3 months ago and my rudimentary diagnosis after tearing it down was a dead ignition system. It was a 15+ year old Echo and the compression was getting weak so I decided not to dump any money into it.

I was originally planning on buying another cheap Echo from HD but instead decided to support my local dealer. I picked up a cheap Stihl blower for $149. It works fine but the starter rope is on the wrong side. Wassup widdat? :?

Most of the time I think Butch is pretty right on with stuff, but I disagree with declaring a blanket condemnation to short life expectancy with Bashlin Alcoas due to his "wallering out" issue.

How many others have had this happen?

No body chimed in when Butch brought the problem up, that I can recall.

Butch is a big, strong guy, and does put alot of time in on gaffs...I may be wrong.

But I know many a climber with many years of use on Bashlins, myself included...I've never seen this crop up.

I'd really like to hear if it has been a pattern, 'cause I need to be able to fulfill my responsibilities as tech. advisor.

Yup, It is a pattern. An isolated incident occurred and was observed. By some people's modern "scientific" standards that is sufficient information to extrapolate into a global spur wallering estimate.

I've got a set of Bashlin aluminums that are still good after 20 years. No wallering here. :D

No, Butch, I suspect you got your money's worth out of them. I suspect your old Bashlins were extremely 'high mileage' compared to most.

Back