O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I bought a couple of those with the plastic tri-act style gate and was severely disappointed. There's a rather severe cutout in the carabiner to allow room for the plastic gate to open, and even though the rating is the same I cannot see how you can cut 25% of the way through the steel and not weaken it a little bit.

The other problem is that the plastic will shatter if impacted. I was using one of those carabiners to pull a stuck throwline out of a tree. I had to hook it to my truck (2.2mm zingit) and when it finally broke, the line snapped back and shattered the plastic gate on the biner. It was 3 weeks old and was the second time I used it. I immediately took the other two like it off the work truck and use them for tarp tiedowns on my trash trailer. The steel screwlock is much more durable for rigging purposes. Save the tri-act for your aluminum life support biners.

They stopped making the plastic gates. The new gates are gold steel, and I have yet to have the gates even start to stick on me. I've have about six of them, and I bought them about 2-3 years ago. When they got rid of the plastic, the biner got way better.

...anyone who puts plastic on a carabiner has to be a little thick in the skull.

I brought this home today. Still trying to figure out how to attach it to my saddle.

Attachments

• 101_1750.jpg
    101_1750.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 18
borderline then I guess, rears are sorta ok, fronts are on the wear bars and have major shoulder wear as I was too lazy to get the front end aligned. Light snow predicted for Friday... :O

My new shed

Its 40' wide 30' deep with 2 9'X10 and 1 12x12 dooor

3085577620_4be1f0de8a.jpg

3084739199_b6c2e7a5ca.jpg

3085577620_4be1f0de8a.jpg

I figure around 25G all said and done. Thats heated phone and cable and a bar. The site work gravel and digging the footers 2500. 750 blocks and 8 yards for the footers 2200. The steel roof and the 2x6 wall studs rafters 2 windows and plywood was about 6500. The weather sucks but the beer stays cold today you had to really get after them because they would freeze:X. Oh ya the steel got put on today. One more tip 3 guys 2 -30 packs can not stand a 13'6" wall 40' long studded 16 on center with plywood:O

Back