O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Me too. Just saw the first picture which confirms it.

I guess my question was more along the lines of what did he use for a die? I can see he heated it, but it looks too even to be freehanded with the horn of an anvil.

I think he may have used the same size or piece of the pipe he made the porty body of... Would make sense to me ... But I have not done metal work since 1975..

You're right, I figured it out.

The pipe he used is tacked to the table, there is a pin welded to the table also. Heat, stick the bar in the gap, and turn the round bar round the pipe.

Learn something new every day.

For lack of a better setup I welded the pipe that I was going to use for the port a wrap onto my welding table with a pin welded next to it. Then heated the rod with the torch rosebud as I bent it around the pipe. Looks almost like a paperclip. You figured it out while I was typing.

Where'd you get the loop, Steve? Didn't see your picks when I last posted.

Paul, it has voices on there, but to hear them I've gotta go to the map and get them to say something.

you are right, I dont know about a preview option.

Here is my new Tool.
It has already made enough Money to cover its first payment. Nice to be able to get away from the dust and actually see what you are grinding.

Sorry the Picture is terrible

Attachments

• SANY0017.JPG
    SANY0017.JPG
    658.7 KB · Views: 18
I had been Subbing all my grinding. Guy had a new 75 hp carlton towbehind. I think this machine is actually faster. Overall grinding, setup and all.

60 hp deutz

Badass looking machine. I hate dirt, so I hate stump grinding...the last thing I want to do after a day of climbing and cleaning up is going back to play in the dirt. I have a guy who does them for pennies, so buying one just isn't smart.

Brendon, I know exactly what you are saying. Last year the sub was giving me good prices and we kept him busy. This year he has kinda gotten an attitude, and gone through the roof with his prices.

It might have something to do with he is the only guy with a grinder that is reliable enough to call on.
I don't care to compete with him, now I can sweeten my end of the deal, and do some side jobs

40k? looks great. I have a itty bitty machine. works though. I still sub the big stuff out to Stumpy Beaver....he has that same machine only he moded it with a hyd. winch for really steep slopes

Me three:
Badass looking machine. I hate dirt, so I hate stump grinding...the last thing I want to do after a day of climbing and cleaning up is going back to play in the dirt. I have a guy who does them for pennies, so buying one just isn't smart.

Back