O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Heres a pic of the Makita & a group shot of the current line-up.......this rain is killing me.

Sorry for your luck with all those orange saws:P .

Dang man you must spit polish those suckers!

I had Husqvarna back in the early 90's then went to STIHL & loved them. I heard Husky got better so I wanted to try them + they're less $$$$. So far I've been pleased with their performance. I think though once these need to be replaced I'm going to go back with STIHL.....unless they change all the saws to end with a "1" like the MS441. Stupid EPA.

Its been raing since saturday so I cleaned them up a little. I like to keep my saws as clean as possible. My son does it mostly.....he hates dirty equipment.

MasterBlaster - If you want you can add my pics to the collection you already have running on a slide show when you open up the site.

Almost forgot, heres the Wall sling I picked up.

I dunno why I did it. I wasl ooking for a long bar and the search turned up this from Saw-King. It came with a 42 inch Sprocketnose bar and chain in addition to the 30 inch rollernose in the Pic. Man does this saw eat wood!:O

I was somewhat surprised when I looked up the specs on the Super 650 before buying it-Vibration isolators and 12000 No load RPMs on a 100cc saw 30 years ago made it honestly competitive with the European saws of its day and still comparable to current big boys-though a bit heavier. It also had a side chain tensioner and automatic compression release when the throttle lock is deployed. Too bad Homelite sold its soul to the throwaway consumer saw market.

I tried to resist it's charm, didn't work:

Bought the longer barreled wheel gun, a SW 500, it's partner is the SW 460. Both are an absolute blast to shoot.

Gun

Picture wont seem to embed?

Bought the longer barreled wheel gun, a SW 500, it's partner is the SW 460.
[i

Nice purchase. In the last pair you posted was that the Miculek revolver? I thought that was the only 8 shot S&W had, but it doesn't look the same.

TS

This is latets buy for me !
It's a felling tong, I will use it with a 6 meter telescopic pole and the rope puller, should be intresting :)

What a neat idea. Please let us know how it holds up.

TS

Nice purchase. In the last pair you posted was that the Miculek revolver? I thought that was the only 8 shot S&W had, but it doesn't look the same.

TS

Does the picture embed for you? It's not on this end.

Yes, both are 8 shot 357's, bigger of the 2 (627) is Miculek inspired.

Its the skimpy under wear fellers wear under there chain saw pants right????

Hehehe yup thats it :)

You attach it to the tree as high as you can ( approx 8 meters/24 fot ) and then use the rope puller to fell the tree, my plan is to use it on leaners.
And it will get some beating when the trees fall, but you guys got to remeber we don't have as big trees as you do, so hopefully it will take the abuse or I have to get a big shot !!

Ok the pole and the tong can be seperated, the tong is spring loaded with a locking devise which is attached to the pole. when you got the tong at your choosen position on the tree you twist the pole to "unlock" the tong and it grabs the tree.

Back