O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Tested my rope puller for the first time today,,, should have bought one long agoooo :D
a handy peace of equipment to have in the toolbox !!!
If Stumper read this, you talked about some kind of riging before with a puller how much abuse will the puller take ??
can I rig it with some blocks to gain some more power with out to big of a risk for failure !?!?

Tested my rope puller for the first time today,,, should have bought one long agoooo :D
a handy peace of equipment to have in the toolbox !!!
If Stumper read this, you talked about some kind of riging before with a puller how much abuse will the puller take ??
can I rig it with some blocks to gain some more power with out to big of a risk for failure !?!?

back it up...........

Kristoffer, TheMaasdam Rope puller is rated for approximately 1500 lbs/700kg. If you are utilizing 13mm 3 strand polyester rope the rope is rated between 6000-7000 lbs. Thus you have a 4/1 strength to load factor for the rope-That is within some industry standards. In America tree rigging ropes usually use a 10/1 ratio but other industries use lower ratios. In any case, the rope in the puller shouldn't be subjected to higher loads BUT if you run a stronger rope through your tackle and then pull on that rope with your puller you can generate enormous pulling force. It is a very usefull tool. As for backing up the puller it is easy to put a prusik on the rope on the load side of the puller and secure it to an anchor point so that you capture all of your progress. Then if the puller were to slip the prusik will catch things-however prusiks tend to slip at about the same loads as the puller so I use a 7 wrap Valdotain Tress. (RBtree told me it would hold very well and he was right).

Finally got my camera to work.

The Wall sling is in the other truck but heres the new MS 200T, the Samson sling & both of the MS 200T's. And yes the older on had the bar on upside down. I flip the bar everytime I put a new chain on. The new saws a little dirty, 'cause we did two dead trees today. Supposed to rain all week & they where supposed to be done yesterday.

Now I've got to get somes rope, a porta-wrap, new winch, maybe another saw & who knows what else. :/:

Nice saws! But you run your bars upside down? Ya know the nose sprocket spins backwards like that right?

Nice saws! But you run your bars upside down? Ya know the nose sprocket spins backwards like that right?

First of all thanx for the compliment. And yah, I flip the bars every new chain. I feel the sides wear evenly this way. Always have seemed to last longer for me........

First of all thanx for the compliment. And yah, I flip the bars every new chain. I feel the sides wear evenly this way. Always have seemed to last longer for me........

I was just joshing ya man, you're dead on there. There's no right side up with bars that's why they have oiler holes for both ways. :thumbup:

I'd be thinking about flipping it a little more often too. My chain seems to last forever on the 200T as it's never cutting on the ground so rarely gets more dull then a file stroke or two can take care of. I generally will just flip mine if I happen to have it apart for whatever reason cleaning or whatever.

I run 14"s on them. Thats how I like them.......if I need something bigger I'll use the one of the bigger saws.

MasterBlaster ~ Where's the chain brake on your MS 200T??

Hey MB the picture of your old 200T make me think we need a few pictures of the oldest , gungyest kit still in use.

Well the bug hit me again!! :evil: I saw a Makita DCS 7901 (same as the Dolmar PS 7900) in the paper for $400 and I’ve always wanted to try one. :|: They only weigh 13.6lbs & put out 79cc!!! The same as a STIHL 044, but the power of a Husqvarna 385XP!!! Anyway I’ll put up pics tomorrow. The saw is like new, the guy only used it to clear out 12 trees behind his house!

I love the big dogs on it.....one of the other things that really stood out about it. I'll let you know what I think of it, once I use it.

Kojac, It isn't the same as an 044. It has more displacement than a 460.

I know that, I meant the weight size.(The 044 is 13.0lbs, ms 440 IS 13.9 so its between both but has more power then the Husqvarna 385XP.) ;)

Also its Kocaj not "Kojac".

Back