O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Bushings are better.(At handling repeated sudden loadings) Bearings run with less friction but are more delicate.

+1 for bushings, bearings are used in rescue apps where the 5ish% less friction can make a (slight) difference.

Bought these today and ordered a Gerber Multitool:

DSC04024.jpg

I prefer to find old barrels of questionable origin and content, drain the dreggs and power our grinders with it.

One man's trash....

Say, is that a barrel of paint thinner over yonder? It has used engine oil in it? That's not a problem!

The fuel filters kept pluggin up, so I bypassed them for better preformance.

Actually the grit and grime in the oil, mixed with the sand that was inadvertantly spilled into/around the drums has wore the injectors largerl you know, the steady drop wears the stone.

The 4 flow about 92 lbs/hour now, it's hell for economy but it can damn near pass oil dry the size of english peas.

I am a Surefire kinda guy ;)

E1, E2D, 9P, M3T, L2, U2, X200B.

So am I. My wife carries the E2E in per purse. I carry the E2D (took it on many airline flights, no problem). I have the D2 in my truck and the M3 in the house.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
well, my nice (11) from hawaii is in town for 6 weeks again this summer, I took her in a tree last year, she treated it like a big swing when she got off the ground, so I went to mountain equipoment co-op ( www.mec.ca ) and bought her a black diamond wiz kid saddle, not for her per se, for me to let her use. Now that I have four nieces and the nephew I figure they can all get use of it when the time is right, heck it was $37, how can you go wrong when its more than a 100 to fill the gas tanks on the truck?
pics of the climbing / swinging to follow when they become available.
8)

I am also thinking I might order this one: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302735271&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441775009&bmUID=1181751282887 its a full body harness to keep them from flipping over ....

Nice Paul, it looks like "handels" on the back? looking forward to the pics!

they call them gear loops. its a rock climbing saddle so I guess they assume you will have a stack of biners and cams and such. not rated for climbing system use according to the little booklet.

Gear loops. That is a nice little harness. I bought a Singing Rock "universal" harness a couple of years ago for getting kids in trees and to wear when hunting out of a tree stand. Woks great but It doesn't have those nice padded leg loops and gear loops.

MEC is a good store. Think I still have a membership there. It was a GREAT store when the exchange rate was like .60 US to $1 CAN.

hahahah indeed, and now REI is looking attractive to us canadians... :)

Back