O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Prowler Tracks. I get about 600 hours per set. The ones on now are still good but virtually bald so they will be perfect for spring thaw and the new ones for winter.

Ah yes. I forgot that they changed the drive systems. Mine are almost due again. I get about one season on the prowlers. They are lees than half the cost, usually have them with in two days, and delivered to my door.
Gives me a fresh set going into winter and like Flushcut, I can put the old ones back on for the spring thaw

I will suggest what I call pavement butter which is a scoop shovel or three of chips/leaves spread by the chipper. It helps break the friction decreasing wear on the tracks when you make the hard turn feeding the chipper. Track life goes up noticeably.

I will suggest what I call pavement butter which is a scoop shovel or three of chips/leaves spread by the chipper. It helps break the friction decreasing wear on the tracks when you make the hard turn feeding the chipper. Track life goes up noticeably.
Yes I try to use road butter when ever I can. I’ve gone as far as pulling the boots off of the spark plugs on the blowers so the guys would quit cleaning the road so well while working.

We have one guy who, according to the boss, is "allowed to run a rake, or a blower with supervision ". The same day he said that one of the guys took his blower away, and have him a rake, and he had not heard those instructions yet.:lol:

We have one guy who, according to the boss, is "allowed to run a rake, or a blower with supervision ". The same day he said that one of the guys took his blower away, and have him a rake, and he had not heard those instructions yet.:lol:
Well I can't help you because my rake operator's license has expired.

I feel like my aftermarket tracks are not as durable as OEM on my Boxer.
I forgot which ones I have, I think the name starts with an A, tread pattern is as pictured, I think it was like $800 for both but dont quote me on that, seem to last a while, no clue actual hours but if I recall this picture is about 6 months after changing them out, maybe 400 hours or so

ive found I just tighten them till the spring is nearly collapsed, they are still super loose it seems but I havent had one fall off in a while, last time one came off was ontop of a yellow jacket nest

1697507109296.png

All I see is a depth finder that can’t make it up a hill with a load. Lol
oooh hope brian doesnt know where you live, he might come to your house and say some not nice things!

oh BTW my new machine is rated for a 36 degree hill
my boxer is rated for zero side hill and 15 vertical, but ive had it at about 35 each way and not flipped yet

speaking of angle, chipper wheelies, yo
1697507659793.png

I forgot which ones I have, I think the name starts with an A, tread pattern is as pictured, I think it was like $800 for both but dont quote me on that, seem to last a while, no clue actual hours but if I recall this picture is about 6 months after changing them out, maybe 400 hours or so

ive found I just tighten them till the spring is nearly collapsed, they are still super loose it seems but I havent had one fall off in a while, last time one came off was ontop of a yellow jacket nest

View attachment 132813
Found the tag for my tracks @SeanKroll
Should be the same ones you need and they are fantastic

Attachments

• 20231017_074656.jpg
    20231017_074656.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Back