O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I’ve always buy 6’ fiberglass middle poles and have a male fitting on the pruner head, the pole saw head, and the pole saw head that doesn’t have a blade.

The Jameson fiberglass are pretty durable.

I have thought about trying some samsons amsteel for throwline. The smallest i have seen is 7/64 and at .18 cents per foot its cheaper than dynaglide and 1 more mm in width which shouldnt be bad unless it comes with a huge weight penalties.

I think i got some chineesi-uhmwpe from enma kites, it was cheap and worked for what i used it for and that stuff was a million times better sliding through bark compaired to polyester or nylon it wasnt even funny thr difference. I assume that the real deal shiz would be great. Also this site has great prices on samson products from stable braid to tenex, i dont know amsteel prices but .18 cents seem pretty good to me but of course that is the smallest stuff around and strong for 2.8mm ish

Trade offs. Heavier thicker line does not fly as far. usually requires heavier weight to lower through tree as it creates more resistance. Heavier weights also does not fly as high. Zing It 2.2mm line is 32.00 per 180.
The amsteel is $32.40 for the same 180 foot hank. You are not saving anything. Buy the Zing it.

Dave swore by the Dyna Glide and I hated it. As much as I also dislike the Pink or Red Zing it I sometimes get from the saw shop. Yellow is better. Red just loves making knots mid line. Hateful. Not that they all don't do that from time to time. Just seems more frequent.

Why don't you like dynaglide? It's all I've used aside from some bottom barrel poly line I found(my first throwline). I've been pretty happy with it, though it seem more inclined to tangle as it ages.

Mine loved to tangle out of the bag even after I stretched it. Relieving the spool memory. Also, too thick for my large bark platelet trees. Snag like a mofo. Feels great in the hand. Curve arches down from there. I will say it holds up well. But jeezus the time trap it regularly becomes.

A buddy of mine has a 16' orchard ladder. Yes, they are expensive as hell. But they are awesome. As an example, we have been working on a golf course elevating trees along the fairways. Absolutely no access for any lift but the orchard ladder allows him to elevate the trees without having to climb. Huge time saver, and we are making killer money on the job.

I can see the appeal of a telescoping ladder. If it isn't needed often, it doesn't take up as much physical space as normal ladders. It's also the answer to "How can I make a ladder scarier?" :^D

Back