O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I have I think a 14 footer. You aint never see me on even the second from top rung. Nope. :lol: :rockhard::|:

Way too old!

I will work up high on a ladder, with a good TIP. Rarely do I need to. Otherwise, no.

It is crazy how few people consider putting on a bike/ ski/ hockey helmet to work on a ladder. I definitely put my tree helmet on when I worked on the siding of a house last year using an tall extension ladder.

what do you guys think about this type of device used as an xrr? and not the way that they show how they use them. you can find ones that are thicker and not as skinny, i didnt have time to find the exact one i was eye balling.

what do you guys think about this type of device used as an xrr? and not the way that they show how they use them. you can find ones that are thicker and not as skinny, i didnt have time to find the exact one i was eye balling.

You can't clip a carabiner on it, only soft attachments. Would limit its usefulness. Also, this forum software hates Amazon links. you have to work hard to turn it into a clickable link in order for it to be visible.

I could use a shackle to attach it

The linked works for me

I didnt know you need to do anything special to links, i just paste the link and when i post it turns ot into whatever it does, like youtube videos i just put the link and when posted it makes it so you can watch it here.

I put amazon links in code tags so they display. People can then copy the url and post it in a new tab.

Code:
[code]www.amazon.com/awesome_sauce_item
[/code]

not sure why it's parsing the internal end code tag, but you should be able to see the error, and see how it's formatted.

A few times recently I have had to climb up into the bed of my truck to rearrange logs in order to get everything to lie flat and fit. I am too old and too weak to be doing that crap by hand, so I ordered a LogRite cant hook. I had one before but it was sold with the business. Delivered to my door for about $150. LogRite has always made awesome tools and they last forever because the handles are aluminum, not wood. 48" cant hook - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC - https://logrite.com/Item/48inch-cant-hook

Nice.

Brian, are you strength-training?

Pickaroons are good tools, too. I have the Woodchuck that has a built in choker, which is useful sometimes.

I like old school wood handled tools for appearance and hand feel, but it's hard to beat aluminum durability. I might have snapped my cant hook by now if it were made of wood.

It's nuts how durable things can be. I have a peavey that was given to me, used, over 10 years ago. I was cautious using it full power of late, as it has lots of cracks on the outside of the handle, but then needed to roll a log. When I didn't budge it (like I had a chance), I used the mini on the peavey. No problem. 40"x12' cedar log.

I have the Stihl 60" cant hook with the log stand. Bent the log stand slightly rolling a ~2500lb log over w/it & the Dingo. Had it for 8+ years, and it's never let me down.

this is a cool video showing how the right kind of gear can make your life easier. its a basic video but i think watching it got me thinking

My biggest concern about that composition would be rebound, especially when bouncing off spars/stout limbs on a 50+' Big Shot launch (as I have to do often here with the deciduous trees with the 1000's of twigs that people wait forever to have pruned). I already have seen the cordura bags go 20'-40' astray, getting hung up in other trees/limbs with the speed they get. That scenario has me thinking 2-3x the force/distance, which could make some shots an absolute cluster-f'd nightmare.

Do provide an update on use, and at some point, I'll come down to visit w/my Big Shot to try out as well.

I've used the meteor a couple times now, and it's a good weight. I'm a little ambivalent about using it as a primary throwing weight, but it really shines trying to work it through the tree to get a good setup. That would indicate the heavy pulsar would be the one to get. Use a typical bag to set the line, drop it, switch to one of the rubber weights, then work it through the tree.

It might be a little lively using it as a throw weight, but I could see where it could get through dense foliage better as friedrich noted. I haven't had any problems so far, but I can foresee issues. Glad I bought it.

has anyone seen the harken ninja foot ascender? i swear i have seen it before but i dont know where maybe it was green, hummm...

What's the deal with a manufacturer making an item then allowing multiple companies to brand it and sell it like it's their thing? Like there is no difference other than the name?

Hard to say. I'm vaguely distrustful of companies like Notch, that don't really make much; everything's contracted out. You see it with big name companies also. What does Dewalt know about powertapes and lumber crayon? The answer is absolutely nothing, but you still see those items with the Dewalt name on them.

I guess I'm old school, where I think a company should focus on their core competencies, and work to be the best they can be in whatever particular niche they're working in, and not just be a vendor slapping their name on the cheapest bidder's product. Maybe it's just a problem with me, and all that's fine, but I like the old way better.

Back