O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

That stainless one looked pretty nice. The builder had a thread going a year or two ago.
I still just use the BigShot, but I’ve been eyeballing the air cannons. :)

I want to make an apta too. I have a DIY Big Shot (genuine sling though) but I don't use it often. A down side is the inconcistancy and the loss of power in the cold weather. With repeated shots at short span, the bag goes less and less high. To reduce the problem, I tend the rubbers and lock the release, then let it sit a good moment (while coiling the throwline for the next shot for example). So, I can keep my shooting high the same.

I thought seriously about building one, but it would have been a project I'd probably never get to. The valve looks kinda spendy($100?) if I was comparing the right ones on amazon, and I'd need to buy some tools for installing the schrader valve, so I just bought one. Doesn't look terribly difficult to make though.

Is anyone using explosive gases or is everyone just using an air compressor or pump? Ether used to work great for potato guns iirc

Last edited:
Sure. Would shipping that overseas be a problem? I'm not familiar with that, would this be considered a weapon since it shoots projectiles?

Not if you label it " Line setting device".

That is how we get bigshots in.

Believe it or not, we need a weapons permit for those.

Turns into a complete joke every time we renew it.

Make and serial number...............................Big shot.

Caliber...........14 ounce throw bag.

And so on.

Last edited:
Just leave the cap off the end and it’s nothing but pipe and valve. Or ship it unassembled. Surely even a Dane could grasp tape-and-tighten...😳

(If not, it would at least give us fresh ammo for mockery...)

Is anyone using explosive gases or is everyone just using an air compressor or pump? Ether used to work great for potato guns iirc
Explosive gases would put it in the firearm class in France. Not a very good idea to have a quiet day.

I can’t imagine any real advantages of using those over air unless the convenience of just squirt and fire. But air’s free! And quieter to boot. and while a tater isn’t flammable, I’d dearly hate to see a $20 throwbag flying though the air on fire...

Back