O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Picked up a used 12'6 Zodiac with all the goodies and a 20 h/p Evenrude motor (both in awesome shape) for a steal last night. The guy I bought it from used it for checking his recreational gold mining claims in BC a couple of times a year, so hardly any use. Gonna take her out on the river this weekend and see what she can do.

When I visited Willie, I tried out his Carbon Geckos.
Bad idea!

All of a sudden my old steel Kleins just weren't good enough anymore.

So today I gave in and bought a pair.

P1000863.JPG

Huh...my CF Geckos have a traditional ring mount two piece strap and buckle for the ankle attachment, though with a velcro top strap like yours. How's the velcro seem there, Stig?

I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, just bought them this afternoon, and immediately had to brag about it, of course.

They have a velcro closure that you adjust to fit behind your heel, so the spur will come to rest exactly in the gap of the sole on your Wescos.( Or whatever inferior boot you climb in).

Then you never touch that one again, but only tighten the one that goes across the front.

Seems like a good idea, but I was too tired to go put my Wesco Highliners on when I got home today.

I'll look forward to hearing your review, Stig. Though I'm sure there is no way to change the fittings on the CF shank. I'm perfectly happy with mine the way they came, but I always like to keep informed since I field questions about this sort of thing on a regular basis.

I just found a deal on a Roush supercharger for my Mustang. It came new on a Roush Mustang and the guy is upgrading to a stronger unit. 7000 miles on it, I'm getting the entire intake manifold with the higher pressure fuel injectors, fuel rail and everything intact.
Here's the same unit brand new. $5100 plus shipping. http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1185

Here's what I'm getting for half price.

IMG00147-20110705-1025.jpg

IMG00148-20110705-1025.jpg

I will probably need a tune to go with it. I'm getting the supercharger delivered to my mechanic who will look it over before handing over payment. I'm thinking it will be a side project for him to tackle later this year when he has some slack time. I'm sure he can acquire (or write) the proper tune and reflash the computer. If not then I have several other sources for the proper tune.

That looks sweet RJS, I am not a mechanic but would you need to upgrade gaskets and other pressure-izable engine components to accomodate the supercharger? If its just bolt and go that is indeed pretty awesome.

It's not a high pressure system. Ford still offers their full warranty on new cars that are sold with this supercharger already installed. It will probably give me another 75-100 ponies.

Back