O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Sounds cool RJS, do you have a drag strip near to test it out? I guess with stock street tires you can only do so much in a shootout but I always get a kick out of cars and trucks riding down the street on Monday with their 1/4 time soaped on their window. :)

I've never been involved in racing but me Mustang group I'm in will do a track day once in a while. Once I get it installed I'll definitely join them and try it out.

Scott, I will need to get a tune after the install. I have a line on that already, the guy who has tuned most of the supercharged Mustangs in my Mustang club is only about 15 miles away.

This showed up today. 8)

IMG_1857.jpg

My mechanic is more excited about it than I am, he can't wait to put it on the Mustang. and my Mustang club is having a Dyno Day on August 20. Looks like I'll have some numbers by then. :/:

Doe anyone sell speeding ticket insurance?
:D

Seriously, B...no losing your license, ya hear? If you can't drive the bucket truck, you can't make a living. Act as smart as I know you are :thumbup:.

Justin, I might even be able to take on your Z. 8)

Burnham, I found the best ticket lawyer in town and hired him to handle my last two tickets. And I'm keeping his number on speed dial just in case, although I'd be much happier if I don't have to use him again. I also got my Valentine 1 radar detector today and already have it in the car. By next week it will be hard wired so that it's on whenever the car is running without having to hit the button. It's not foolproof but I'm much better prepared than I was a week ago.

That looks pretty cool RJS. Me, I have been on an eBay buying binge for camo and surplus gear the last couple months, almost done. Then my buddy who is in the USAF comes home to visit for a couple weeks, gifts me his gas mask getup that he was issued for a far off land in the early 90's :/:

Attachments

• IMAG0836.jpg
    IMAG0836.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0837.jpg
    IMAG0837.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0611.jpg
    IMAG0611.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0590.jpg
    IMAG0590.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Dude, that's a lot of stuff! The most camping I ever did was sleeping in a tent in my grandparent's back yard when I was 5. I'll take the gear money and put it toward a room at the Holiday Inn. :P

:) that aint the half of it. sad but true.
Looking forward to hearing your car with the new gizmo on it. Is there a discernible whirr when it starts to push ? Are you going to let it breathe out the back end any easier?

Your guess is as good as mine, Paul. The Roush is pretty mild as superchargers go and I expect some additional noise but not overbearing. The car is a daily driver for me so I'm not interested in seeing how loud I can make it. The current pipes are nice, quiet at low rpm but they wake up nicely when you get on it. I'm going to take it one step at a time and see where it ends up.

Depending on how you measure it, the blower should put me around 440hp at the crank or around 370 at the rear wheels.

Trying to figure out how the gas mask fits into the camping plan? Prepared for any eventuality is cool, though.

ha, doesnt fit in to my plans, was a surprise gift. I did look in to getting them though, when those folks at Fukushima started having problems...

Probably a lot better than the cotton masks that I saw a lot of folks wearing. it might be tough to sleep wearing a gas mask, though.

For the little geek in all of us..
Some assembly required :D
I already purchased the newer box with fans and a PSU. I had my old system in it just waiting for the excuse. The blue screen of death............. IMG_0851ed.jpg

The UPS truck was kind this week :)
I had been keeping an eye on some things from New Egg IMG_0852ed.jpg

CPU fan might be a bit over kill.. but what the hey, ya only live once ...
I have a heat problem in my room, sooooooooo

Attachments

• IMG_0853ed.jpg
    IMG_0853ed.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0856ed.jpg
    IMG_0856ed.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 6
Just got windows installed and I did not know that was the Home version of XP disk... :P
Guess I will just have to do that again with the Pro or just go 7...
Installing Linux now.

Thats what I am leaning to Willie. Should run great on this system.
If I could just not need a MS Windows OS, as I have a few apps that require it that I want to keep, I would only run Linux.

Back