In The News...

Should have just dropped her off at the next cloud maybe...considering their obvious pre-knowledge of the rules these anti-maskers are beginning to resemble an organised riot/protest...

Last edited:
If you asked me to take off my shoes when entering your house, and I told you to go frig yourself, what would you do?

Because to secure passage she had to follow the rules, which were developed by medical doctors. If i got on a plane and just whipped it out and stripped naked the result would be similar. Masks are required at where I'm working, to work there you simply wear one. No one cares about the politics of it, or anyone's opinions, it's simply the law and everyone moves on. Yeah it sucks, but getting sick and missing work/dying sucks more. They make real money there and they don't want something that could be prevented cutting into that. Airlines have always been judged by their safety, so people getting sick because someone didn't follow the rules will majorly cut into profits. No one going to take a flight if people are getting sick left and right, and simply the perception of not following the strictest safety protocols would slash their profits.

God Bless all American jobs and manufacturing.

I remember in the 60s Jap import products were all junk.

By the 1980s the Japs surpassed American manufacturing.

At present time, 40 years later, I can not say the same for Chinese junk.

It will always be junk. Just given the times.

There's no incentive to make good products any more.

It's all about profit.

"F" that. I come from the old school.

Going through stuff to clean out and sell the house my dad grew up in when Grandma couldn’t be on her own anymore, and grandpa was ~15 years passed. I was 19 I think, found a toolbox full of wrenches, ratchets and sockets all stamped “ made in Japan”, I got excited until my dad explained to me how things changed. The flaky chrome should’ve been a giveaway.
I was a little familiar with Japanese kitchen knives and Spyderco folding knives, and I just thought Japanese steel was 2nd to none (don’t listen to the Germans). Yeah lots of garbage hand tools from Japan while their economy was making its comeback.

I got off the Carhartt train when they started being made in Mexico. They were good for cold weather wear, but it doesn't get that cold anymore. I pretty much just wear military gear now. I try to mix/match the patterns so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a uniform, but I still got thanked for my service once while wearing blueberry pants, an acu jacket, and some generic 80s camo boonie hat :^/

I'd be interested in knowing good Chinese brands. I guess there has to be some, right? All the stuff that comes over here is made at generic factory #2417. If you don't have a brand to protect, you don't have to be particular about what you make.

It isn't in the heart of a vast majority of customers, both individual and corporate. Cheap is attractive. Why to do better if it is still sold? If you want a good quality level, you have to bring the big bucks (even if it isn't always true the other way) either to make it or to buy it. That means less profit because the sale's volumes are lower, as less end customers are willing to pay that much more. For the ones who want, they can have it. See the smartphones with their stupid prices for example.

Absolutely.
But a lot of people are scared of junkies.
Methadone makes them less scary.

Personally, I think the best is releasing some pure, uncut heroin on the streets.
Every time that happens, they all OD.

Back