In The News...

It is interesting...if the gorillas had been vaccinated they would have produced their own antibodies to fight the virus. The vaccines (at least the Pfizer and Moderna) are lab-produced.

"A monoclonal antibody is a laboratory-produced protein that functions like the antibodies made by the immune system in response to infection. By binding to a specific molecule on a virus or bacteria — known as an antigen — a monoclonal antibody can enhance or restore the immune response against these pathogens."

It is interesting that they have monoclonal antibodies to even give to animals...maybe what works for humans works for other primates, too? I'm not going down that scientific path but I am sure it is well explored.

From Healthline: "According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)Trusted Source, this experimental treatment uses “laboratory-made proteins that mimic the immune system’s ability to fight off harmful antigens such as viruses” like SARS-CoV-2.

It’s especially useful for people with weakened immune systems who may not generate a robust response to the COVID-19 vaccines, and for others at high risk of severe illness.

While monoclonal antibodies can start to clear the coronavirus within hours of being infused intravenously (IV) into the body, this treatment may not work for everyone.

That’s why experts recommend that people get fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which is known to prevent severe illness and hospitalization due to the disease."

I think the interesting irony is this...lab-produced (and therefore suspicious and maybe dangerous) vaccines are avoided by some folks. Then when they catch the virus anyway and need hospital help because they can't breathe or fight off the virus...the hospital, very quickly, starts the sick person on a monoclonal antibody infusion...to quickly fight the virus...a lab-produced experimental treatment...that is helping save lives. It would have been interesting if the sick folks had taken the lab-produced initial vaccine to help prevent having symptoms bad enough to have to go to the hospital.

I bolded all that stuff...not bolded in the original quotes.

lulz...

anonymous-operation-jane-epik-note.jpg

Killed by a gator on his front porch

8000 y o dart point found in another gator

Plenty more people than alligators in Florida.

I've yet to find a place on Earth where people are the threatened species.

I figured it would be neighbor vs workers but apparently it was worker on worker violence. Surprisingly nice trucks for an outfit whose employees pack guns and carry grudges.

My crane guy always has a large Glock in his lunch box, which is kinda cool but must get old after awhile. I guess it's just something you make a commitment to, like my carrying a pocket knife everywhere except in bed, and the shower lol.

Back