In The News...

@treesmith Any comment on the video ?
Not sure why you singled me out to ask for a comment..... Besides not knowing any history behind it (had the guy stolen something from them), I stand by what I said earlier. If it was "cold blood", HANG THEM. And leave them hanging a while. I didn't care for the comment regarding whites killing blacks, as if the reciprocal was unheard of. Trash comes in all colors, and should be taken out indiscriminately.

I asked you because you are always very opinionated and your previous posts let me think that the death of this black guy was a non event for you.
What I saw on the video is an unarmed black jogger cornered and executed by two white trashes. In France, where I am from, this would be called a murder.
But maybe it is legal in Georgia. Is it the same in Alabama?

That shooting of Arbery was a bad shoot no matter what but I was perplexed what would have had him not short circuit the escalation early in his encounter with the father and son. This may explain why he didn't let them stop him and get it cleared up.

How does it explain it? I mean if two guys point guns at you (civilians) it is not a normal conversation type thing, it’s a hold up, or an abduction or something, it’s not a precursor to a chit-chat.

Two black guys draw guns on a white jogger in a park, he’s not going to think “oh there’s been a misunderstanding, I will stop and clear this up”

Last edited:
It 'may explain' it to me MIck. I had watched an average news feed of it a couple of days ago that expressed context to the situation. On the one hand he was a great guy that liked to jog etc., he happened to jog by and around that construction site. The father/son were keyed up because of past robbery in the neighborhood and they were going to make a citizens arrest. They tried to place their pickup in front of him (cut him off) multiple times and then this happened - que video.

You and I deal with next door house wifes that frequently start out madder than these too guys (probably) started out. You or I jogging would have stopped and said, "Your crazy, what are you talking about?" Or, "You may think your right, and I see you have guns - lets get the police here."

(If) a person is guilty it is sometimes harder to stop and go through the questioning process. (A form of Commitment and Consistency.)

You and I aren’t black, being pursued by 2 pickups with armed white men.

Not trying to be all woke about it, but you know, as we’re discussing explanation/context and all that.

I work with kids from Detroit pretty regularly. It is always interesting going into white neighborhoods and observe how genuinely terrified they are.

Time to terrorize the black kids!
Yeah, its good for them to see they won't necessarily get lynched right off the bat. Its also amazing to me that they have lived no more than 5 miles from these neighborhoods and have never been there. I also have a tree friend from the suburbs who won't take his hand off his gun when he visits us at the shop. He thinks he will be robbed within minutes if he let's down his guard. We are in a good, safe neighborhood that just happens to be mostly black.

My wife follows some woman on Instagram who's all over this thing, yapping about racism and all that goes along with it. I guess if they'd killed a few whites, it would have been okay. Murder is murder....regardless of the color of the killer, the color of the victim or the color of the weapon used.

You really have difficulty understanding complex issues don’t you?

If this was just a straight out murder, say those two guys robbed the black guy or got into an argument outside a bar it would not have attracted much attention, black or white.

What made this high profile and raised race issues are, amongst other things.

1: The belief (perceived or real) that white armed men have the right to arrest, stop and question any black man anywhere.

2: That, in some parts of America, a white guy can shoot a black man with little chance of prosecution provided he can provide any sort of story. This incident shows he can rely on a corrupt and racist legal system to ensure he gets away with it.

Back