How'd it go today?

Lets just say she is very protective of her hosta gardens that are still dormant and have not emerged. Yet I have to remove four small spruce without stepping in her garden and the trees are small enough that two guys can carry out the trees whole. Luckily she was walking her dogs at the time of removal. Coincidence? I think not. ;)
Few things worse than a Hosta lover....

Total washout yesterday, and then find out BM2 re-aggravated an old ACL injury and needs to keep it elevated for the next 3-4 days. Perfect timing, as we start a big 4+ day job tomorrow, and I need a trained monkey, not some noob off the street....

Stump grind today. Nice to have some work. The province put out a list and order that only essential business can work. Tree work is not really on the list. But providing service to agriculture is. Since we have no idea how long shortages and state of emergency will last, custy wanted space for a vegtable garden.

Found out one of our clients died Sunday. He was on a job doing some grading, sent his brother out to get more stone, and when the brother got back he found him slumped over in the machine. Presumably a heart attack. He was a few years older than me. I didn't interact with him much, but I liked him. He was kind of a PITA; always in trouble with the government over permits, grading in wetlands, stuff like that, but he was a good guy. Had a lot of stuff going on. He collected big antiques. Street lights, tractors, old bars, whatever. If it was cool, he'd buy it up. Made a barn event venue which is the hot new trend around here, and outfitted it with all the treasures he accumulated. Looked really cool, and he put a lot of work into it. He also had a forestry products business. That's where we got our stakes. Not sure what's gonna happen with all this stuff. Hopefully his brother will take it over...

Other than that, it was an ordinary day. Rescued some more flowers. I'm getting a little tired of carrying sod clumps around, but I hate to see the flowers just bulldozed out. The new neighbor has been stealing topsoil out of a pile there. If he were smart, he'd get in there and take some flowers. He could have his lot looking fantastic next spring.

The internet tells me "it's a child of a first cousin of one's parent." So, one of your parent's cousins has a kid, and that would be your second cousin.

The WIKI said the Grandchild of a Grandparent's sibling. Beats me.

Interesting. First time getting back on the 23andMe in a year.

In that time.....all the Eskimos in Alaska took the test apparently.......and I am cousins with most of them.

Interestingly enough.....I think I tracked down my foster mother too. She seems to still be alive in fact.

Wonder if it would be appropriate to contact her?

If you separated on good terms, I think it might be enjoyable for both of you to get back in touch.

Well, I dunno. Too young for hard feelings either way I'd think. Maybe just contact her with a thank you for taking care of you, and see where it goes from there.

She'd be stoked to close the circle...

Though They say never meet your heroes.... it's never as good as one imagines..

I went to work at Silicon Valley... and came back... Lucky to have work.
It's weird to be on the back side of something looking down in to a hole... All good.

Easy day. Did a foundation cert and a house stakeout. Got back to the office, and "made" some hubs/stakes. All that entails is cutting the points off of stakes that are too long for my liking, saving the points for hubs, and cutting a new point on the stake with my machete, Split some cherry, and ate lunch. Drove back to the office building and sat in the truck while I tried to decide what I wanted to do next. Fell asleep for a few minutes while watching squirrels run around. Didn't feel like pulling any of my machines out, so I pulled vines I cut last year out of some trees. Getting tired of waiting for them to fall on their own.

Oh, and I saw a turkey behind the office today. They've been getting more common around the county, but it's still fairly rare to see one. It seemed to be puzzled by the fence. Dunno where it wandered off to. Hoping I see her again, and maybe some more birds.

Guess I have not forgot how to TD live pines and cedars next to houses.
Nice they were right next to each other. Been battling my cold, but still out mostly dealing with storm damage, just keep it to shorter days. Had these two on the books and finally got to them before something broke out over the house. Stripped them, topped them and gin poled the cedar logs with the pine. Both under 100 feet. Had to lower most the limbs on the pine. Ice storms after that. Saw them coming in and we left.
Went back today and had the pine negative rigged down in less than 2 hours. Tight little landing spot. Rob was smooth as silk on the rope.
Love work like that.

Sitting in traffic this morning. Probably gonna be here a while since a cop just walked past me. Single lane construction zone on the highway in the rain. At least I only have a half acre to drop today. Hoping to make it back to get tires put on the truck but I’ll have to see if I can run it through the company account first. Planned on paying cash but the bank decided to close early yesterday.

Not doing a damned thing today. It's raining, and kinda cool, so I lit what might be the last fire this season. Funny, it was 57° in the house, and if it were January, I'd have considered it exceptionally warm, but today I felt chilled. I also just wanted a fire. I like burning wood, and I'm gonna miss it over the hell months. Come on October!

Chilling out. Looked at some hazard trees near houses, at a good distance from the owner.

Got TP, paper towels and facial tissue, as I was passing Albertson's and saw a guy with TP hangout out of his bag, at the bus stop in front of the store.

Grabbed some more food, and Guinness for medicinal purposes.

Back