How'd it go today?

Fine set of restraints. Just make sure you both agree on a safe word. :lol:
Beat me to it.

Pun intended.

Yep, same one...
New climber of trees, knitter of sweaters, splitter of firewood, cooker of feasts, singer of songs, player of instruments, repairer of popcorn ceiling...

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_133336378.jpg
    IMG_20200322_133336378.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
I'm on the other side of a relationship. My gf of 4 years split a month ago. Nice to see you folks meeting new people you are jiving with, good reminder.

Sorry for you, Sean. But I get it, having split from a lovely, talented, and smart young woman I was all in with from before college until a year after. Sometimes it just has to go that way. Lucky for us both. we remain friends...I wish you that same luck.

After that...

I'm the luckiest brother on the planet...met my dear M on a Saturday, seemed to click mighty well so invited her to move in together in my little rental house on Sunday as a stop-gap measure until she could find a place of her own in town. Never lived apart since then...42 years now :). Married a year after the first encounter.

SO Lilly stepped on a nail barefooted trying to catch her pony.... Almost sounds like a song huh? Anyway. Been soaking it. Its getting infected. No way do we want to go to ER. FUG that!
SO call up our little country doc. Calls in script with pics over the phone supplied with the symptoms.
Bam, drive to town at 8pm, walk out with antibiotics 10 minutes later. Hardly any people contact.
This is a win.

Im sure we'll see good results in 24 hrs. Keep it clean, soak in salts and the antibiotic. She'll be good as new.
Her dog will be happy too. Needs some outside playtime with her girl.

Ha! 130am here and my dog is telling me he needs some playtime with his human...

Last edited:
xn6q4lA.jpg

YGSIWRA.jpg

Rebuilt a set of hobbles for a friend.

Jim, what do you use to peen over those rivets? I don't see a ball peen hammer in the picture and it just occurred to me there may be a better way.

Had two oaks to dismantle today, went great, really displayed my experience and expertise bringing them down without incident, then, as a little add on felled a little dead spur behind the shed. Easy stuff.

Tomorrows job, trying to rebuild the shed I smashed cos I was too lazy to set the line high enough on the little dead spur.

Our apprentice got a new nickname today.

We have been felling Doug fir all week. They are going to Sweden to become power line masts.
Then we were asked to cut two really big ones for a local mill, for some special project.
I let the apprentice have them, they always get excited felling big stuff, to me a tree is pretty much just work by now.
I stood by when he did them.
First one went perfectly, but on the second one he cut his hinge too thin on the side the wind was blowing from.
Before I could get the tube of artificial hinge wood out of the truck, the wind broke the hinge and tripped the tree sideway, nearly crushing his saw.
It tore a largish chunk out of the log, but I figured the mill was going to cut the butt swell off anyway, so I didn't mention it to the forester.
Yesterday I got a mail from the forester. The mill owner had mailed him and asked what kind of god damned beaver he had cutting wood for him.

So he asked if we had a beaver on the team.

I explained the situation and said that if they had to deduct the price, I'd of course pay, but shit is bound to happen when you teach apprentices.

We've been over that years and years ago, that if the industri wants new generations of fallers, they have to put up with the occasional mistake.

So he wrote me that they would give the mill a lower price on that log, but I shouldn't worry about it, the important thing was the learning process.

Really nice of him.

But guess what poor Sigurd will be called from now on :lol:

We crossed posts, Mick.
So I didn't notice yours.
That really made me laugh!

Yeah, quality clients are usually very generous and patient. It kills me because stuff like that usually happens with the extra bit I throw in for free. "Now my generosity just cost me half a day of work and frustration."

Jim thanks for info, saved me from buying an extra tool. That would be an annoying cut.

I cancelled all non emergency work yesterday- short term I believe it is for the best. Some customers grumbled but I don't care.
Tomorrow is going to be interesting- first time back in the woods for a year or so - steep site removing ash so going to be fun. Nothing too big but getting them to hit the floor will be hard in a dense stand.

That sucks Jim. Finger wounds are the worst. Everything you do, you feel it til it's better.

Mick; It seems I make all my mistakes on stupid stuff. I've done a lot of technical trickery over the years, but my screwups are on the easy stuff :^/

Stig, I could think of worse names than Beaver. Beavers are cool. On a bridge job once, I got the name Groundhog from one of the ironworkers, cause I don't like being up on steel. Not the worst name in the world, but not as cool as Beaver. Luckily, that was the last time I saw that crew :^D

Good luck tomorrow Pete!

I'm gonna steal that one too :/:

I don't know if I've told this one yet : what do you call an ironworker walking?

Answer: the chimes of ignorance
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Back