How'd it go today?

Tree service in CT is apparently deemed essential, under landscaping. Phew.
Yep. Was texting brendonv today. Landscaping/construction is essential in CT. Wondering what is essential in MA? I'm thinking logging is essential. At least that's my story.

The numbnutz in charge here in NJ also declared landscapers/tree workers essential today. The cynic in me thinks it's due to all the illegals employed in those two fields, and the progressives idiots who have unofficially declared this to be a sanctuary state.

I doubt I'd be essential if there was a lockdown. Nobody thinks of surveyors. I'm usually exempt from pay requirements on construction jobs. I've been on jobs in the past where laborers were making what I was. I recently did a job in PA where I was on certified payroll, and my hourly rate almost doubled. That was kinda nice :^)

Govt. run liquor and weed stores haven't had to adjust hours around here. I work at a Koch fertilizer plant and am sure it will stay up and running straight thru as well.

I didn't go in today, but boss sent me a picture. Tree Goose is back! This is the third year I know of that she nested in the snag. Kinda hard to see her, but here it is...

IMG_08931.jpg

Re Fiskars- I just bout a Fiskars "splitting axe" at Depot this morning. $59. My current spitting maul is a Depot special, 8 lbs essentially indestructible yellow fiberglass handle, probably was around $20 ten years ago. I think it is a great maul and I've split a chitload with it. But I was reading a bunch online about how amazing the Fiskars is so I got sucked in. Well we will see.

I bought one a few years ago. Works well. I have an axe with a straight maul handle I used to favor. Fiskars gets the nod now.

An active bald eagle nest 350' from where my trucks are parked, pretty cool! Also 75' from US Route 1

Eagles are pretty cool... I saw a golden eagle swooping low over a lake once... I thought it was a dragon.... then I went to Alaska and saw the dirty bird eagles by the hundred like pigeons...

I saw two bald eagles last year while working in a town 35 miles SW of here. The owner said the department of conservation or someone hatches them and trains them in flight pens before releasing them to try to get them reestablished here. Awesome sight.

There's a story there!!
Lets just say she is very protective of her hosta gardens that are still dormant and have not emerged. Yet I have to remove four small spruce without stepping in her garden and the trees are small enough that two guys can carry out the trees whole. Luckily she was walking her dogs at the time of removal. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

Like spring break Bald Eagle?

I hadda look that one up. Nah this one lives in the top of a pine. Plenty o those other kinds driving up n down Rt 1 though.

Deva, I loved the 'I thought it was a dragon..'!

Dave- not a whole lot of wobble in that set up, eh?!?

It's just for working on the gun. It's crap for shooting. I'll add a bipod at some point.

Looks like 33.7 ft lbs. The. 357 barrel will give it 150 at the muzzle.
Screenshot_20200323-201738_Shooter.jpg

Back