How'd it go today?

Nice. Way better to reduce, even 'top' trees than wholesale remove them. Looks like nice on-going reduction-work, down the road. Pun intended.

Funny old week really, poor weather all week, never bad enough to call off a job, but it was close at some points.

Made a few quid, nothing broke, pissing down, cold and wet and dark outside. I don’t care now though.

Good bit colder today. Had to grade bridge beams, and my left hand got 'cold pain'(That intense hurt that usually comes when starting to warm) from holding a metal pole.

That tree job I was gonna look at tomorrow fell through. He's gonna wait to see what insurance says, then decide. I'm not exactly heartbroken. I prefer doing what I want, when I want, and the uncertainty of a job I've never seen was a bit stressful. That was also why I wanted to do it though. You don't grow by taking the comfortable route. You need to push the boundaries of comfort to improve. Oh well. I'll either go to the Irish festival tomorrow, or spend time with the cat in front of the wood stove. Both choices are equally appealing :^)

edit:
Lit my first fire of the year tonight. It was still kinda warm in the house(57°), but I've been wanting to get something going, The cat's enjoying it.

Last edited:
Yeah buddy!

I hope to see Rich again to get a pic of us in our TH shirts... I spaced it when we met.

Attachments

• 20191108_142151.jpg
    20191108_142151.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20191108_141751.jpg
    20191108_141751.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191108_135656.jpg
    20191108_135656.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191108_082618.jpg
    20191108_082618.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191108_074005.jpg
    20191108_074005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20191107_103742.jpg
    20191107_103742.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
Why no basement? I kind of agree, but it is a good place for a furnace and hot water heater.

Where Jim's at it has to be inside or it will freeze.... Jim did you drain it first? Much much lighter when empty.

The snakes come inside from the basement. There was a snake skin on the Green Giant green beans the other day.

Our basement has an open sewer in it. Not by design.

When its not full of shit water...its full of regular old ground water.

No Basements.

The old heater has 100 extra pounds of calcium and lime in it as well. Water came out.

Good thing we pump all that shit water out....I was set up for a measly 50 gallons of luke warm water!

My basement floods every time it rains. Whoever did the site design in this subdivision should be kicked in the nuts. Also had a black snake in the floor joists once. Heard some cans fall in the basement, went down to look, and saw a big ass snake right over my head. Seriously considered leaving him there to take care of mice, but that could have lead to an unpleasant surprise later on. Put him in a box, and took him outside.

See if anyone can beat this... I think it was two years ago my water heater went up. Not sure how old it was, but a service call was performed in 1978(was written on a sticker on it). The water heater was older than one of the plumbers that came to install a new one :^D

As 7 year olds do, she left the parakeet cage door open this morning. I started finding feathers around the house, and though the cat had a snack. No real carcass. A few minutes later, I heard a bird noise from behind the piano. Cat couldn't move the piano to get the bird.

Glad you got your budgie back whole. That would probably make an uncomfortable family dynamic if the cat ate the girl's bird.

I'm ambivalent about snakes. They're fine as long as they aren't venomous, or on me. We don't have much in the way of venomous snakes, so my policy is leave the snakes I find alone, or if they're a problem, gently move them. I generally don't kill critters with the exception of some bugs.

That's what the appliance repairman told me when I called him in to fix my fridge... not even 10 years old and still looked brand new!!!:whine:

Back