How'd it go today?

Not yet. We'll probably get around to ordering in Nov or Dec (ha!). I am actually not at all sad about the sweat levels. I am liking it -- it's the quickest path to me realizing my goal of dropping 30 lbs. by the end of summer. Back to fighting weight!

I resemble that statement8).

My wife had made plans for my two daughters to hang out with their cousins today and wanted to take the boy shopping for some reason. So on my day off with no one home I decided to do a simple little top and drop job. I felt bad because the guy has been waiting for quite a while (actually I forgot about him) so I offered to do it at a discounted rate. When all was said and done he paid the full amount plus an extra hundred. He said he owed it to me for being patient enough to answer the five million questions his grandkids had plus showing them (and explaining) every piece of gear on the truck. They really liked the big shot. I?m just glad I took the APTA out last night. Then I stopped at one of my neighbors to just sit and BS. Even though I?ve heard the same stories many many times, it?s still enjoyable checking in on him and his wife. They always enjoy the company. Now I think I?m gonna cut some home made French fries and some zucchini fries and see if my kids can taste the difference. Of course I?ll deep fry them so they aren?t completely healthy. It?s been a great day so far

3 hour chip job from a tree I dropped a year ago turned into 6. I got 4 hours done today, HO added a pile of brush from around his large property. 40?C, chipper was a bit grumpy restarting after a break.

Got a few Doctors appointments made for my Dad.

Chipper got a tune up, couldn't change oil, can't find my 8 point 1/2" socket. :(

FB_IMG_1530310884196.jpg

Just got a call on my cell phone (unlisted, not printed on my cards) from a sweet elderly lady asking if I did tree services. Seems she got my number off the internet from an advice forum where somebody posted my number in response to an inquiry about tree work. Ends up she lives about 3 blocks from me, needs a pine tree removed. I think that's a first for me. I'll have to Google my phone number and see if I can find it.

Youngest got busted up today

My youngest son (2 1/2) fell off his high chair this morning, busting open his lip and getting a nice goose egg on his temple. I spent the better part of the day consoling him, getting the bleeding to stop, then taking him to the emergency medical place for stitches (upper lip up to nearly the nose). Thankfully they worked with us financially, so it wasn't outrageous.

My boy is a super trooper, with a high pain threshold like me! They said he was the best child they've ever seen -- no screaming, writhing, fidgeting, flipping out. He held onto mamma, closed his eyes and just winced a little. Of course, the local & then injected anesthetic did their part. Shouldn't be any complications or significant scarring. If he wears a mustache/beard when grown, no one will ever know. He went right to sleep when we got home, doing great now. We'll have to do everything we can to keep him from climbing & falling in the next 4 days while the stitches take (Hmmm... maybe he's our next gen. climber?). And of course, no swimming at the lake tomorrow. He'll be content to dig in the sand for hours, though. Have to make him a patch-o-shade.

Whew! Life with children is a roller coaster ride, but still a blessing!

You don't wanna know my list of injuries as a child. My worst was a bicycle (just the bar) pedal piercing completely through my lower calf.

My childhood injuries were pretty tame, all things considered: our chow dog bit me on the face (cheek & lip); someone turned off the light in the bathroom I was in and I walked into a porcelain sink, gashing open the forehead. Wasp & bee stings, bike crashes...

My 4 year old was in a head-on car crash about 2 years ago, so now he's got a baseball head, just below the hairline.
baseball.jpg

I was hit by a pickup and tossed into a ditch. Nothing broke but damn was I sore... maybe 10 years old.

I've been busy changing the clutch on my Ranger . Some how a rag got into the clutch compartment and caused my pressure plate to hang up .Never heard of that before .Complete assembly,pressure plate ,disc,slave cylinder , master cylinder .I should finish it up today .
The 5 speed over drive tranny on these things is a Mazda design.Bell housing is cast into the transmission like an automatic .It has ventilation holes which is how I assume the rag got introduced .Most likely because it's a rebuild from a wreck and somebody must have placed a rag over the top vent hole during restoration .The holes are now covered with hardware cloth so it won't happen again . This has been a pain in the ass .

Back to the cherry laurel edge today. I chipped the last third of limbs stacks in the morning. Hot day. I was feeling like over heated as soon as the first trolley load. But it's done.
Then, the customer said me the traditional "while you're at it ..."#-o
A cypress hedge between his terrace and an underground stair needed some trim. He added "I 'll help you for the cleaning". Sure, I believe it!
Guess what ? not even a twig this time. I begin to know the music, so I wasn't disappointed.

He has a little irritating side, but he's a good customer though, kind and generous. I've done a bunch of work for him, in an open schedule more over. I guess that I can stand some minor inconveniences.:)

It was a soccer day today and that didn't help. I heard the roofer next door trying to convince his ground man to let down his phone. No success. The last one didn't care to finish the roof, he wanted to follow every minute of the match, even one hour before the beginning!:|:

Back