How'd it go today?

Sometimes I really wonder what the world is coming to.

I went down to our local ( well, not so local, more like in the next town) supermarket to buy some veggies for dinner.
As I was leaving, a car raced into the parking lot, tires screaming.
He barely missed one car and had to brake hard in order to avoid hitting me.
Since we were face to face, I rolled my window down and said in my calmest voice ( I have a fractured wrist that is not nearly in shape for me to punch an idiot out with that hand, so I can do calm with the best of them):
I think you mis read your map, this parking lot is not actually part of the Le Mans circuit.

18 whatever year old super skinny kid jumps out ( We are talking 90-100 pds and not any of it muscles) and wants to kill me.
As in screaming and waving his skinny little arms around and telling grandpa that he is about to die for having insulted his honor.

This shit I would expect from one of our wonderfull , culturally enriching, Arab immigrants, but this kid was clearly born and raised here.

WTF??????????????????????????

Normally I would just have provoked the shit out of him , let him take a shot and wiped him out. Plenty of witnesses.

But I'm in a situation where I can't afford a fight, so I slipped my friendly brass rod that lives in my drivers side door into my pocket.

I figured if push came to shove I'd break his wrist ( I know how much that sucks.)

Luckily the hunter that has the ( well, not really lease, because we just have a friendly agreement and I hate deer) right to hunt on my land pulled in next to us.
He is absolutely huge.
He got out and asked what the problem was.
I told him the whole saga, and he said: " That little skinny kid was going to beat you up?"

We just ended up laughing so hard that the kid got into his car and left.
Then after I finished shopping and was walking to my truck, I saw a movement and turned.
friggin' kid was trying to run me down.
I jumped a concrete barrier to safety and he took off for the horizon.

I'm starting to think that I may be too old to cope with the world any more.

Where the frig is the honor in backing out of a fight then trying to run the opponent down????????????

There is much good to be said about concealed carry.

Kid must have been on something.
But yeah, nowadays they want to take it all the way, no longer lose and learn, it's f you and I'll get you anyway I can...

Damn, Stig.

That's frigged.
You shoulda knapped'em when you had the chance.

Might of done the world some good.

There is a lot of pent up aggression in the world.

In the old days they had face to face wars for the people's aggression....then they had the X games.... now I don't know what's going in in the world with children shooting children in schools and Money mitigates the masses...

Aloha and Mahalo.... :)

Happy Father's day

Some Blue Oak I'm making into a coat hook board....

4dbd2fe9c54e9ac9f07f7d8915e57775.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Had to take the sore knee for some rehab...

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_120910.jpg
    IMG_20180617_120910.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 25
Friday's report: had to do some fill-in work after our two main climbers were down for 2 days with illness. We took down a declining American elm, then I dismantled a mature Red Bud (on the bigger size at 25', brushing the roofline of the house). Then off to a repeat customer to take down 4 dead poplars from a property line stand of poplars. Then back to another job from last week; customer had further thoughts and wanted 2 white pines removed, growing too close to his house. Then dropped off the chipper and grabbed the stump grinder, back to buzz down the red bud stump. Overall, a nice payday before the weekend! Then some R&R yesterday & today, as now I haven't been feeling so great either!

Jim...

Growing up I remember the pink ribbon was for participation.

Good question.... Why all the anger?

Jim do you or your Wife-o use a crock pot?

It turns one man's garbage grisle into another man's tender morsels of meat.

Well, I tried.

Set this brisket thing up in the grill this morning. Simple salt and pepper rub.

Cooked it for about 8 hours. Could have used a couple more in my opinion.

Used a steel frying pan to hold some hickory chips for smoke. Still, not much of a smoke flavor, which suits me just fine. Not a tremendous fan of smoke.

All in all, I guess it turned out pretty well. No fugging idea what I was doing after all.

Great Father's Day with D.

Put hours into landscaping/ weeding... Trying to beat next year's population before the seeds are even produced.

Uploader isn't working, as it didn't work earlier.

Big tree swinging for D in a harness.

A great brisket has a seasoned crunchy kinda burnt crust with the meat getting pink towards the center. The crust has all the tasty shit in it, awesome to chow down on.

Slow-Cooker-Mustard-Beef-Brisket.jpg

Back