How'd it go today?

I went simple, simple for this first time...and don't own a smoker.

Honestly, not sure how much experimenting I am going to do.

It was good and all.....but for 6 bucks a pound I am not sure it was worth it.

8 hours on this one....next one will need at least 10.

I don't know.

Not a ton. Pulled pork is my go to and I've got it down pretty good. I'm overdue for a smoke, come to think of it.

Brisket is a tough one, I have friends that have served up some fantastic brisket. I haven't stepped up yet though. It's an expensive cut to learn on.

Check this out...this Tamarind is probably 250 or so yrs old, it got creamed in a hurricane in '87...still surviving

Attachments

• IMG_20180618_141806.jpg
    IMG_20180618_141806.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 29
You know, just trying to make sure the rakings get shoveled through instead of going around the rollers.

I was sharpening a chain when it happened and heard nothing unusual. I always assumed it would make a distinct sound, but I guess aluminum is too soft to ring.

Oops, sorry about the double post if yall frown upon that. Some forums do. The chainsaw bar bent when the guy using the bucket truck, (not the usual guy), was chunking a trunk. He finished the cut with the chunk on the saw, so he tied the saw to the bucket so it wouldn't fall, but the lanyard was over the up lever, so the bucket kept tugging up until it ripped the saw out.

I can only laugh at this stuff, as long as nothing big breaks. 20180618_204506.jpg

I never liked the 3 levers for running a bucket. Ran a couple like that back in the day. All mine have been the pistol grip control. Can't snag those with a lanyard because the bucket won't move unless you are squeezing the deadman lever in the handle.

But yeah, shit will happen. I just found out today my employee's driving record will severely limit my options for vehicle insurance. Looking at over $6K per year for 3 trucks (was $4300 with just me on the policy).

Back