How'd it go today?

Going through a bit of a patch...found out by accident a couple weeks ago that the sap of PARSNIPS is phyto-photo toxic...get it on your skin, expose it to sunlight and it BURNS you! My hands and forearms and some on my legs, big blisters! Had to take steroids, and an antihistamine, turns out the antihistamine was not good for me, had just about every side effect...have scars like burns, from a VEGETABLE!
Then yesterday while climbing, something felt wierd in my knee/leg, hurt, pushed through to finish, when I got on the ground I could hardly walk, iced it, want to the Dr. Suspected ruptured Bakers Cyst...it will get better on it's own, but sidelined for a while now. At least it's a holiday weekend coming up. Will know more next week when scan results come back.

Fiona, you'll have to give up prancing around naked in the sunlight after exposing yourself to Phyto-toxic plants.
It sucks, I know, But that is the hard reality of it;)
How could you have had a Bakers cyst and not noticed?

Must have been a really small one, usually they look like a hen went and laid and egg behind your knee.

Heal up, girl!

Today went from being rather boring to somewhat exciting.

Remember how I always say that the only way to start a forest fire in Denmark is to call in a Napalm strike?

We've just had an ( For us) extreme drought ( I usually get 100 bales of hay off my back field.............this year I got 39)

We were doing pre-commercial thining and suddenly smelled smoke.
Went to investigate and found a primitive shelter and about 2 acres of burned forest.

Best guess is boy scouts or some other kind of idiots.

Made a camp fire and it got away from them.

We've only had a no open fire regulation for the last 2 months, so that was a real good idea.

We spent the rest of the day working with firefigthers and State Forest personnell to make sure it was put out for good.

It had mostly burned out on it's own, for lack of oxygen.
If we had any kind of wind going, it might have been a different story.

Had a great first week with the new summer hire. He's a smart guy who wants to learn how to do things well. Was a Habitat for Humanity Foreman for a year-and-a-half so he's aware of new guy ism.

Yesterday, I showed him the tamb videos, trees are my business. Johnny Pro grapple truck action I think. Got to let him know what's out there. A little bit of ace tree management.

He asked me if I knew a guy named Cliff that does tree work. Evidently a friend of his just started as a climber working for some guy who uses the 'dangerous as f*** approach' to climbing trees.

My new guy is also a plan the work work the plan kind of a guy. He prefers the 'Let's take the dangerous parts out of this' approach, as well.

Fiona, you'll have to give up prancing around naked in the sunlight after exposing yourself to Phyto-toxic plants.
It sucks, I know, But that is the hard reality of it;)
How could you have had a Bakers cyst and not noticed?

Must have been a really small one, usually they look like a hen went and laid and egg behind your knee.

Heal up, girl!

Bit close to the truth Stig...some swimming and sunbathing figured into the action after the killer vegetable!
Apparently the Bakers cyst is 9cm...just shows as a slight swelling on the back of my knee so most of it must be internal, had an ultrasound scan. It didn't actually rupture apparently, just leaked a bit and the swelling is slowing down the return of blood from my lower leg...its way better now, I can walk again, its a holiday weekend here so lots of rest and icepack...six weeks left to make serious money, ill push through, get it dealt with back in Oz.

:thumbup:

That's pretty cool Jim. My daughters mostly all grown up now but here's one from a few years back. Lol. These 'service awards' are given out locally to businesses and somehow my kiddo got her hands on one.

IMG_1684.jpg

Gardening mostly.

Attachments

• 667BE595-FBD9-48AD-8BAA-C99AD7600AC2.jpg
    667BE595-FBD9-48AD-8BAA-C99AD7600AC2.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0D086D52-BD90-4156-8D88-30FC48E62552.jpg
    0D086D52-BD90-4156-8D88-30FC48E62552.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 24
Is there a tech thread or having bugs with TH thread?

I've never been able to watch videos on the phone... and now all the pictures have this on them... like a square symbol...
d1a30253647535a2edc8181fb7b6f1d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back